Default Astroturf...

With all deference and respect for the Black community, and I am old
enough to remember the Civil Rights Movement, at least in it's later
stages... Occupy Wall St. is nothing like the Civil Rights Movement of
the 50's and 60's. The CRM was never about hand outs, or even hands up,
it was about the opportunity to compete on a level playing field. These
kids partying in the streets of the big cities will never understand...

On 11/7/11 11:25 AM, JustWait wrote:
With all deference and respect for the Black community, and I am old
enough to remember the Civil Rights Movement, at least in it's later
stages... Occupy Wall St. is nothing like the Civil Rights Movement of
the 50's and 60's. The CRM was never about hand outs, or even hands up,
it was about the opportunity to compete on a level playing field. These
kids partying in the streets of the big cities will never understand...

Why am I not surprised you are as misinformed about the OWS'ers as you
are about everything else. You need to shut off all your reich-wing sources.

On Nov 7, 11:40*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

With all deference and respect for the Black community, and I am old
enough to remember the Civil Rights Movement, at least in it's later
stages... Occupy Wall St. is nothing like the Civil Rights Movement of
the 50's and 60's. The CRM was never about hand outs, or even hands up,
it was about the opportunity to compete on a level playing field. These
kids partying in the streets of the big cities will never understand...

The occupiers aren't about "handouts" either. That is partly what they
are AGAINST. You just don't like them because they are fighting for the
little man against the large financial institutions and FOX tells you
that's bad.

Why don't you watch some of the footage of them being asked just what
it is they want?

In article 6f2753b5-489d-4e2f-8765-e9644b75a456
@u10g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...

[...]

I have and it's perfectly clear (at least to me) what they want. Here,
I'll help you:

It?s not hard to see why the occupiers are upset. In short, the dream of
American optimism has died. People see that they work hard, they get an
education, but they get further and further behind.

They are not alone in feeling that the dream has died. Our national
encounter with optimism is ?well and truly over?, according to Mortimer
Zuckerman, chairman and editor in chief of U.S. News & World Report,
from the pages of the Wall Street Journal on August 16, 2010:

?The economy has stopped generating jobs.
?Nothing is working the way it normally had in all our previous crises.
?We are experiencing the weakest revival in recorded history.
?We are encountering a vicious cycle of defaults that in turn would
produce credit tightening and still more economic weakness.
?We have a gross mismatch of available skills and demonstrable needs.
?Millions drawing the dole to sit around should be in training for the
jobs of the future that require higher educational skills.
?Higher education is in decline.
?Neither Democrats nor Republicans can find common ground to address the
ongoing employment crisis.
As people look around, they sense that the system isn?t working. For all
but the very few, the system is?somehow?tilted against them. Somehow,
people at the top?the 1%?seem to get more and more while the 99% get
less and less. Very few, if any, of the Occupiers could give a coherent
account of the mechanisms by which this tilting occurs. They are,
however, like Oliver Twist, acutely aware of the short-term impacts of
those mechanisms

Then go he

http://occupywallst.org/

iBoaterer wrote:
In article6f2753b5-489d-4e2f-8765-e9644b75a456
@u10g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...
On Nov 7, 11:40 am, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

It's all Bush's fault, right? The interviews from the camps are
pathetic. Most have nothing to say. They are unemployed hippy lemmings
that should be bathing and looking for jobs.

-HB

In article ,
says...

iBoaterer wrote:
In article6f2753b5-489d-4e2f-8765-e9644b75a456
@u10g2000prm.googlegroups.com,
says...
On Nov 7, 11:40 am, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

Did you notice the sentence "Neither Democrats nor Republicans can find
common ground to address the ongoing employment crisis."? And yes, I'm
very aware of what Fox, Hannity and Rush are saying about them because
they think only the far right wing should be able to demonstrate.

iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...
iBoaterer wrote:
In article6f2753b5-489d-4e2f-8765-e9644b75a456
@u10g2000prm.googlegroups.com,
says...
On Nov 7, 11:40 am, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

I've seen interviews with the protesters. They are all over the
internet. 99% of them have no idea what changes they want to see.

-HB

More Astroturf.. I_am_Tosk General 4 March 12th 11 03:07 AM
Heh - Astroturf.... Tom Francis - SWSports General 2 August 28th 09 07:38 PM