jps jps is offline

Default He's a great guy...

Gray said Shareef Allman, 47, whom officials identified as the
suspected gunman, used to come into his boxing club almost every day
about four years ago. Sometimes, he would bring his daughter and the
two would train. He said Allman was a respectable man who would try to
get children off the streets and into Gray’s boxing gym, which serves
at-risk youth.

"He was a supportive type of person in the community," he said of
Allman, who he said could always be spotted at San Jose’s annual jazz
festival. Allman stopped coming around when Gray switched gym
locations, and he said he hasn’t seen him for about a year.

When Gray heard about the shooting suspect, he said he was shocked. "I
was like come on, no, not Shareef," he said, adding that Allman was
not a "monster."

Lavella Benton, 52, said Allman, who for a time wanted to be a
comedian, "was a voice for young black men in the community."

"He spoke against violence," she said. "His show was against violence.
I'm in shock."

Benton said she has known Allman since she moved to San Jose 30 years
ago. He was studying cosmetology and doing hair with one of Benton's
girlfriends and the three of them clicked.

"He didn't drink, he didn't do drugs. He was a mentor to my boys, who
are now 29 and 32," said Benton, who left her phone number with Santa
Clara County sheriff's officials in the hope she could help urge
Allman to surrender.

Benton said she knew that Allman "was having problems on his job but I
didn't know how severe. This is not him. He snapped."

The suspected gunman is still at large.

Yup, he was a great guy who would never do this, until he did.

We need more guns everywhere, because there's the slightest chance
that events like this could be stopped. You betcha.

The more guns that are in people's hands, the higher the potential for
their use. Period.

On 10/6/2011 10:59 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

Lip service aint gonna get him cought. Strap on your six shooter and go
after him, why don't you.

On 10/6/2011 10:59 AM, jps wrote:

"He spoke against violence," she said. "His show was against violence.
I'm in shock."

Quick, get the gunns away from JPS. He's against violence too.

On 06/10/2011 8:59 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

I am surprised we don't see more of this. Looks like authorities caught
up to him and ensuing shoot out he was relieved of his agony and
taxpayers spared his keep.

I would be willing to bet suicide rates are up in Canada and the USA.
Loose your job, then your home, then your family...screw it, what do you
have to loose?

--
Eat the rich, screw the companies and wonder why there are no jobs.
-- Obama and the lefty fleabagger attitude
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 6, 9:59*am, jps wrote:

The more guns that are in people's hands, the higher the potential for
their use. *Period.

.... and maybe more innocent people could be spared.

Good thing the kid had a shotgun...

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=242322

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:13:15 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:59*am, jps wrote:

The more guns that are in people's hands, the higher the potential for
their use. *Period.

... and maybe more innocent people could be spared.

Good thing the kid had a shotgun...

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=242322

It's a bad idea, Tim. More guns will mean more people ending up dead
or maimed. Our society simply doesn't mix well with guns.

Canada has just as many guns per capita but 1/10th of the incidents.

Simply put, we're not a good match for guns.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:59*am, jps wrote:

The more guns that are in people's hands, the higher the potential for
their use. *Period.

... and maybe more innocent people could be spared.

Good thing the kid had a shotgun...

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=242322

It's a bad idea, Tim. *More guns will mean more people ending up dead
or maimed. *Our society simply doesn't mix well with guns.

Canada has just as many guns per capita but 1/10th of the incidents.

Simply put, we're not a good match for guns.

Obviously most murders are because of guns because, let's be honest,
before guns no one was murdered, no one was hurt, and there were no
wars. Yeah, that's it. Let's close our eyes, say "Ommm" over and over
again and beleive crap like what Maher is spewing here. The
intelligence oozes from him like puss from a zit.

People who want to kill, will simply do that, and all you are doing
by making stricter gun control laws is either forcing them to go on
the black market (because who ever said…"gee i better not rob this
7-11 cause my gun ain't legal"), or use an alternate method to commit
their crime (a knife, perhaps?) Or should we just legislate away
anything that could possibly be used as an instrument of harm? Cars?
butter knives? chalupas? Let's look at some of the great massacre's in
human history. 9-11? No guns. Pearl Harbor? No Guns. Jonestown? 907 of
the 909 dead via poison.

If you don't want to own a gun, no one is forcing you, but it sure
seems like there are a lot of ways to kill or hurt someone not
involving guns.

wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:59 am, wrote:

[...]

Could add Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan. Or Islam, accompanied by
wholesale massacres of the civilian populations they all did. And not
one shot.

Get big governments or big religion, you have killing going on right
along with it. Maybe someday we will realize the governmetns and
religions need to be like the Internet, small, controllable and
distributed. Forget the big empire approach, as be it ball and chain or
debt-tax slavery, the people suffer too much for big government and big
religion.

--
Eat the rich, screw the companies and wonder why there are no jobs. But
we have big huge government we can't afford...
-- Obama and the lefty fleabagger attitude
jps jps is offline

wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:59*am, jps wrote:

[...]

Tired, specious argument. The guy in Cupertino could not have
dispatched and harmed as many people... if he didn't have a gun.

If he had a knife, someone could have stopped him with a broomstick.

Let's get real, Tim. Guns are very good at what they're designed to
do, kill things.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 8, 6:40*pm, jps wrote:

Let's get real, Tim. *Guns are very good at what they're designed to
do, kill things.

I know, I use them around the farm for varmint control. They're very
efficient.

This guy might be onto something... Tim General 0 January 13th 11 01:24 PM
We need this guy here! John H[_2_] General 0 March 31st 09 09:40 PM
How can a guy... hk General 1 September 5th 08 03:39 AM
Is this guy serious? Charlie Brown General 1 September 9th 05 01:14 PM
Great Canal and Great Lake trip site Roger Long Cruising 3 June 7th 05 03:21 PM