Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default He's a great guy...

On 08/10/2011 7:07 AM, Tim wrote:
On Oct 7, 1:50 am, wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:13:15 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:59 am, wrote:

The more guns that are in people's hands, the higher the potential for
their use. Period.

... and maybe more innocent people could be spared.

Good thing the kid had a shotgun...

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=242322

It's a bad idea, Tim. More guns will mean more people ending up dead
or maimed. Our society simply doesn't mix well with guns.

Canada has just as many guns per capita but 1/10th of the incidents.

Simply put, we're not a good match for guns.

Obviously most murders are because of guns because, let's be honest,
before guns no one was murdered, no one was hurt, and there were no
wars. Yeah, that's it. Let's close our eyes, say "Ommm" over and over
again and beleive crap like what Maher is spewing here. The
intelligence oozes from him like puss from a zit.

People who want to kill, will simply do that, and all you are doing
by making stricter gun control laws is either forcing them to go on
the black market (because who ever said…"gee i better not rob this
7-11 cause my gun ain't legal"), or use an alternate method to commit
their crime (a knife, perhaps?) Or should we just legislate away
anything that could possibly be used as an instrument of harm? Cars?
butter knives? chalupas? Let's look at some of the great massacre's in
human history. 9-11? No guns. Pearl Harbor? No Guns. Jonestown? 907 of
the 909 dead via poison.

If you don't want to own a gun, no one is forcing you, but it sure
seems like there are a lot of ways to kill or hurt someone not
involving guns.

Could add Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan. Or Islam, accompanied by
wholesale massacres of the civilian populations they all did. And not
one shot.

Get big governments or big religion, you have killing going on right
along with it. Maybe someday we will realize the governmetns and
religions need to be like the Internet, small, controllable and
distributed. Forget the big empire approach, as be it ball and chain or
debt-tax slavery, the people suffer too much for big government and big
religion.

--
Eat the rich, screw the companies and wonder why there are no jobs. But
we have big huge government we can't afford...