jps jps is offline

Default He's a great guy...

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:53:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 24, 10:45*pm, jps wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:24:30 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 24, 10:02*am, jps wrote:

So, I want to thank you for doing your part. *I'm better educated from
having witnessed your selective compassion for your fellow man.

That's what I mean, I feel you wrote that as some kind of an insult,
but that's ok. Be sure you keep a file on me. It might make a good
case study in the future.

I'm always trying to understand how my Republican friends can ditch
their compassion for the less fortunate when it comes to taxes,
welfare, funding education, etc.

They're able to construct a rationale for "those people" who leech off
the government largess, collect welfare and live off their hard-earned
taxes while taking advantage of the system. *No accounting for
socio-economic status and the lack of opportunity, systematic
oppression, age-old prejudices that keep people squashed and caged.

I know for certain if they knew and met these same folks, they'd have
more understanding and compassion but they keep 'em at arm's length.

Same goes for war and projecting US power. *I favor having an impact
through kindness and education and my conservative friends want to
turn the place to glass.

Watching conservative Christians weave their way through this maze is
always entertaining and educational. *I don't keep a file, it's just
fun watching the dance.

Whose dancing?

Christians who favor the death penalty, war, lower taxes and eschew
science for theology. Conservatives who favor making abortion illegal
but insist that government stay out of our lives, celebrate war and
those that do the hard work only to shaft the same heroes when they're
injured or need a leg up when they get home.

Tap, tap, tap, tippity tap. You know, your compassionate brethren.
jps jps is offline

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:59:22 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 24, 10:02*am, jps wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 05:34:36 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 24, 1:20*am, jps wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:19:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 23, 11:13*pm, jps wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:57:10 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 13, 10:14*am, jps wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 04:53:53 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 12, 11:00 pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:31:01 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 12, 9:41 pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:34:39 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 12, 8:44 pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:41:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 12, 12:29 pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 05:18:19 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:10 am, jps wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:23:37 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

But anyhow, i do see that you still wish me harm. But Groundhogs are
herbivores.

That doesn't mean they don't get ****ed off when you blow away their
family members or close friends.

Just for you. Herbivores evidently do get ****ed off...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...10/11/ns-farme...

A deer isn't a groundhog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=8PfY3M3yly4

I would've expected a little sense of humor, but no. You take our
interaction a little too seriously. I have strong feelings aboutguns
but I have absolutely no desire for you to get attacked by groundhogs.

Although I think it'd be funny.

I have no desire for you to get shot either.

And now would it be appropriate to use your line of - "Although I
think it'd be funny."???

There's no humor in someone getting shot, unless it's Dick Cheney and
I'd categorize that as joy.

However, a rodent killer getting his comeuppance via groundhogs sounds
like a pretty entertaining scene. I could see it winning funniest
home video if the groundhogs just chased the guy away.

I don't want to see your bones picked clean by any herbivore, it'd
upset their digestive systems for days.

Thanks for keeping up your tradition of wishing harm on me.

Hot air, Tim. I don't wish harm on you and have said so but that's
not going to keep you from saying so.

"That'd be cool, it'd give the varmint a fighting chance and several
of
his brethren may have time to tackle you while you're reloading.

You are far too literal my friend. It was a funny premise (a la Caddy
Shack) that was reflective of what happened in Cupertino. There was
no way in hell for anyone to tackle that son of a bitch before he
squeezed off several more rounds taking 3 people's lives and wounding
several more. Crossbows don't reload so quick and folks might have
had a good chance to get to him after his very first victim.

The shocking part of this for me is that you refuse to acknowledge the
common sense here. Whatever, if you think you're being straight with
yourself, that's all that matters. I understand how you'd lose
electronic rec.boats face if you dared agree with a liberal gun hater.

Repetitive slurs are among conservative's most oft used tools these
days so I understand how you've come to using this tactic.

You mean, line nom-de-plumes constant and repetitive "you're a moron"
line? hmmm, I didn't know she was a conservative...

Have a most pleasant evening.

I definitely plan on it. We had an excellent mid-week church service
this evening, looked up some sacred voodoo religious verses, and
sacrificed a groundhog to our Rambo Jesus, you know, the Jewish guy
that died (that is if he ever existed?) But tonight it wasn't one of
those conclave things, so i left my white "hoodie" at home. but we did
discuss the how we were going to abort another abortionist ...

Yes, most pleasant evening...

?;^ )

No one here mistakes you for one of the above loons. There's at least
a handful of sane Christians in America and you're certainly one.

And, someday you'll come to the conclusion that I was right aboutguns
and American society not mixing well.

In the meanwhile, you might want to check out the crossbow incident
that just happened in Seal Beach, CA.

Nah, I'll pass. .....

Yes, a little too much discomfort with the position you take.

Nah, I just get tired of watching your re-hash of the same old
thing....

Gunsand America are just fine and will be until what happened in
California these past two weeks comes cloer to your home.

I don't think much happens 'cloer' to my area. True I live out in the
middle of the hick/sticks where there are guns-a-plenty, and for some
odd reason, there is virtually no firearm crime or accidental
shootings.

The last incident that I've heard of is where a girlfriend shot her
lunatic (meth head) boyfriend in self defense. Shot him in the leg.
And that was 9 years ago.Our taxes patched him up and will be feeding
him for about the next 5 years. She was cleared of any wrong doing.

Arm yourself to the teeth, it's pretty hard and very lucky to be able
to stop crazy people withguns.

Oh, I am. believe me... I am!

Didn't used to be this way.

Depends on the area on which you live. Without looking up statistics,
it seems that states that have the most lax gun laws, have the least
amount of gun crime.

What works in hicksville, unfortunately doesn't work where most of the
population lives in this country.

From what you've said, I assume you just don't give a **** about your
fellow man if he happens to live in a city.

And of course, that would be of your understanding.

And you seem void of any...

JPS, I noticed you complain *about a lot of things, and rarely have
much to be thankful or happy about. And if someone disagrees with you,
or doesn't fit your mode of thought, then to you they seem to be a
lower life form of some type. and deserve to be insulted.

I'm really wondering why this is. Honestly, and I'd hope that I'm
wrong, but you don't seem to have a very happy life. At least that's
what I see from your posts here on rec boats.

I'm happy when advocating on behalf of something I believe in.

It's like going to church for me.

I have a good life, I have good kids, an outstanding wife, a company
that I built from nothing. *I pay my taxes and I'm watching my country
go to waste for want of some common sense.

Guns, wars, greed and the wilfully ignorant bother me. *People who
hide behind Jesus and have none of his qualities and follow none of
his precepts bug the **** out of me. *I find an abundance of idiots in
rec.boats who cheered the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. *I come here to
witness and learn how absolutely dense some of my countrymen and look
for common ground with others.

So, I want to thank you for doing your part. *I'm better educated from
having witnessed your selective compassion for your fellow man.

I see in your post you have a lot of "I's" in there, and I'm glad you
mentioned Jesus.

Now' I'm reminded of one of his parables about someone else who used a
lot of "I's"

Luke 18:9-14 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector...

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked
down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable:

10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the
other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed:
‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers,
adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and
give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even
look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on
me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home
justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be
humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

I can find passages in the bible that make butt****ing goats sound
holy and slavery just another facet of life.

wrote:

On Oct 24, 10:02 am, wrote:

[...]

LOL you can't even write fiction well...

On Oct 25, 1:04*pm, jps wrote:

marda snipped

I can find passages in the bible that make butt****ing goats sound
holy and slavery just another facet of life.

Is that how you can justify your perverse nature?

North Star wrote:
On Oct 24, 11:23 pm, wrote:
On 10/24/2011 12:23 PM, North Star wrote:

From what you've said, I assume you just don't give a **** about your
fellow man if he happens to live in a city.
And of course, that would be of your understanding.
And you seem void of any...
JPS, I noticed you complain about a lot of things, and rarely have
much to be thankful or happy about. And if someone disagrees with you,
or doesn't fit your mode of thought, then to you they seem to be a
lower life form of some type. and deserve to be insulted.
I'm really wondering why this is. Honestly, and I'd hope that I'm
wrong, but you don't seem to have a very happy life. At least that's
what I see from your posts here on rec boats.
Oh man Tim, you are harsh...- Hide quoted text -
If Tim was "harsh", he'd take you to task for the unbelievable amount
of destructive behaviour you've unleashed on this newsgroup.

Poor stupid Donnie... You troll me ten ****ing times a day, then cry
like a little bitch when I say something back. If you can't take it,
shut the **** up...- Hide quoted text -

Who's trolling?
I'm just stating a simple and obvious fact.

Learn how to snip posts, asshole.

-HB (As seen on TV!)

This guy might be onto something... Tim General 0 January 13th 11 01:24 PM
We need this guy here! John H[_2_] General 0 March 31st 09 09:40 PM
How can a guy... hk General 1 September 5th 08 03:39 AM
Is this guy serious? Charlie Brown General 1 September 9th 05 01:14 PM
Great Canal and Great Lake trip site Roger Long Cruising 3 June 7th 05 03:21 PM