JustWait JustWait is offline

Default He's a great guy...

On 10/25/2011 2:02 PM, jps wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:53:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Oct 24, 10:45 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:24:30 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Oct 24, 10:02 am, wrote:

So, I want to thank you for doing your part. I'm better educated from
having witnessed your selective compassion for your fellow man.

That's what I mean, I feel you wrote that as some kind of an insult,
but that's ok. Be sure you keep a file on me. It might make a good
case study in the future.

I'm always trying to understand how my Republican friends can ditch
their compassion for the less fortunate when it comes to taxes,
welfare, funding education, etc.

They're able to construct a rationale for "those people" who leech off
the government largess, collect welfare and live off their hard-earned
taxes while taking advantage of the system. No accounting for
socio-economic status and the lack of opportunity, systematic
oppression, age-old prejudices that keep people squashed and caged.

I know for certain if they knew and met these same folks, they'd have
more understanding and compassion but they keep 'em at arm's length.

Same goes for war and projecting US power. I favor having an impact
through kindness and education and my conservative friends want to
turn the place to glass.

Watching conservative Christians weave their way through this maze is
always entertaining and educational. I don't keep a file, it's just
fun watching the dance.

Whose dancing?

Christians who favor the death penalty, war, lower taxes and eschew
science for theology. Conservatives who favor making abortion illegal
but insist that government stay out of our lives, celebrate war and
those that do the hard work only to shaft the same heroes when they're
injured or need a leg up when they get home.

Tap, tap, tap, tippity tap. You know, your compassionate brethren.

LOL you can't even write fiction well...