Richard Malcolm

Default Dead freind makes me think.

Thanks everyone
it is great to hear you views.
besides thinking about my friend, I was actually thinking about it for
myself, but not until many, many more years of boating and living. I
am thinking of bagpipes, dixeland band and scatter ashes at sea.
Thanks again
Peggie Hall

Richard Malcolm wrote:
Thanks everyone
it is great to hear you views.
besides thinking about my friend, I was actually thinking about it for
myself, but not until many, many more years of boating and living. I
am thinking of bagpipes, dixeland band and scatter ashes at sea.

Bagpipes at a memorial service...take the ashes out to sea with just a
few close friends...dixieland band at the party afterward.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Rick

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Richard Malcolm wrote:
A dear friend passed on this week and had some of her ashes scattered.
Made me wonder when I go, is there laws against scattering ashes at
sea?

Legally, all that's required is that
you be at least 3 miles offshore.

Peggie

A traditional send-off for a departed surfer includes a 'paddle-out' to the
selected surf break and then simply scatter the ashes. Prolly not even 100
yards off-shore..

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2003...0322_44_47.txt
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...c20taylor.html

Peace...

Rick

otnmbrd

Having done this a few times on board ships, learned the hard way to put
the container holding the ashes on a long pole.
This allows you to get the container close to the water and away from
the hull, so that when you dump the ashes, they have less chance of
blowing up and back over the ship/boat, as there tend to be odd wind
currents around a hull.

Richard Malcolm wrote:

Thanks everyone
it is great to hear you views.
besides thinking about my friend, I was actually thinking about it for
myself, but not until many, many more years of boating and living. I
am thinking of bagpipes, dixeland band and scatter ashes at sea.

Bagpipes at a memorial service...take the ashes out to sea with just a
few close friends...dixieland band at the party afterward.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Curtis CCR

Peggie Hall wrote in message ...
allowed in San Francisco Bay. I was not aware of any significants
restriction on navigable water (probably prohibited in Richardson Bay?
That's an NDZ).

NDZ applies ONLY to toilet waste.

So as long as I don't flush my beloved Aunt Marge through the
Lectra-San, I'm cool? ;-D
Danny Aldham

Richard Malcolm wrote:
Thanks everyone
it is great to hear you views.
besides thinking about my friend, I was actually thinking about it for
myself, but not until many, many more years of boating and living. I
am thinking of bagpipes, dixeland band and scatter ashes at sea.

I have a friend here in Vancouver who charters now & then.
A few years back a lady asked Doug to take them out to scatter her
dad's ashes. As she went to write the cheque, he said you might want
to know the name of my boat .... "Sea U Later" . She laughed and said
that would be fine.

--
Danny Aldham Providing Certified Internetworking Solutions to Business
www.postino.com E-Mail, Web Servers, Security, Web Databases, SQL PHP & Perl
Dionysus Feldman

rmalcom--
A dear friend passed on this week and had some of her ashes scattered.
Made me wonder when I go, is there laws against scattering ashes at
sea?

df--

Feel free to contact these people (I have no financial interest, blah
blah blah).

http://www.neptunesociety.com/

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Sorry to hear about your friend Richard. When my mother passed, I
scattered some of her remains in her beloved St. Johns River. The
remainder in the Atlantic. To her favorite music, Wayne Newton's "Gentle
on my Mind." She was a marine biologist.

Anyone in the Jacksonville, Florida area needing assistance with
scattering some ashes is welcome to contact me.

Capt. Frank