Default English language

In article cbd80aa3-4440-437f-bb9e-bc34e78ad719
@a27g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, says...

On Aug 29, 10:05*pm, JustWait wrote:
On 8/29/2011 8:29 PM, Califbill wrote:

"North Star" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 4:44 pm, Canuck57 wrote:
Funny but true! The English language has some wonderfully
anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals.

We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of chickens, a
School of fish and a Gaggle of geese. Slightly less widely known is
a Pride of lions, a Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the
rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of doves and, presumably because
they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.

A group of politicians is parties on the taxpayer.

But now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most
dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least
intelligent of all primates.

And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not ....... a Congress.
--
If it is all Bush's fault, then how come Obama is doing much more of the
same and expecting different results?

What would they call a gathering of Dopers?

Reply:
Halifaxers?

"Mr and Mrs. White and family"?- Hide quoted text -

They sure wouldn't call us Peter Pan and Tinker Bell!

Nah, they call you the drunk family that keeps their house looking like
a pig sty. You know the one? You're apt to find their drunken son passed
out in the front yard...

On Aug 30, 10:03*am, iBoatMore wrote:
In article ,
says...

"North Star" wrote in message

[...]

Don't forget the wino son!- Hide quoted text -

Only one way to find out, Kevin.

"North Star" wrote in message

[...]

out in the front yard...- Hide quoted text -

Well, I don't drink 'shine from a refrigerator on my front porch,
Kevin.

"North Star" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 4:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

The only reason you didn't drink shine from the refrig on your front
porch is because the frig was broken.

--
I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of the
powerful.

In article f0631fae-e6b1-4453-b85c-cbe44b751ba5
@k29g2000yqf.googlegroups.com, says...

[...]

Sure, loogy. Now go act like the coward you are.