Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Kayak on top of 18 foot boat

I have a 54 lbs, 12 foot tandom kayak I'd like rack on top of my 19
foot power boat (a 1999 bayliner Capri cuddy).

I'm looking into having a custom t-top type rack built for the boat.

Is this nuts? Will it work? What problems can I expect to run into.
I'm thinking of bolting the 1.5" supports (with washer plates
underneith) to the back and the front (maybe clamp onto the front
rails).

My thinking is the that kayak will make a excellent hard top for shade
and racked won't consume much needed real-estate on the boat. I'm
expect some loss of stability, fuel efficiency and speed of course...
as well as a few weird stares.