stp stp is offline

Default Google Voice

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:27:00 -0700 (PDT), stp
wrote:

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

The transcription is horrible if the voice isn't clear. What the
human ear can pick up and interpret is orders of magnitude beyond the
ability of Google's transcription algorithms.

wrote:

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

The transcription is horrible if the voice isn't clear. What the
human ear can pick up and interpret is orders of magnitude beyond the
ability of Google's transcription algorithms.

If you are cruising along at 30 knots on a boat, your eyes and attention
should be mostly forward and when not, your eyes should be sweeping from
side to side. When you stop and it is safe, that is the time to check
messages if you must.

On 14/07/2011 9:27 AM, stp wrote:
Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

Not using it, but of interest. Do you like it?
--
While Bush blew up part of the US economy and started it,
Obama is working at blowing up the worlds economy with DEBT.

wrote:

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

The transcription is horrible if the voice isn't clear. What the
human ear can pick up and interpret is orders of magnitude beyond the
ability of Google's transcription algorithms.

What hand held device are you using?

wrote:

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

The transcription is horrible if the voice isn't clear. *What the
human ear can pick up and interpret is orders of magnitude beyond the
ability of Google's transcription algorithms.

What hand held device are you using?
--
While Bush blew up part of the US economy and started it,
Obama is working at blowing up the worlds economy with DEBT.
The road to wealth is not paved with debt.
The road paved with debt leads to poverty.
It is pure GREED that drives government debt.

Do a Google search for voice to check out all the features. So far I
like it. My phone is an older LG, my daughter's old phone and I don't
even know the model. The voice thing a least gives me some new things
to play with without having to buy a new phone.
stp stp is offline

wrote:

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

The transcription is horrible if the voice isn't clear. *What the
human ear can pick up and interpret is orders of magnitude beyond the
ability of Google's transcription algorithms.

If you are cruising along at 30 knots on a boat, your eyes and attention
should be mostly forward and when not, your eyes should be sweeping from
side to side. When you stop and it is safe, that is the time to check
messages if you must.

The way I have the helm set up I can steer with my feet. That way even
with my drink in one hand I still have a free one to play with the
phone!

Huckabee, voice of reason? jps General 3 November 20th 09 12:44 AM
Don LaFontaine: The Voice - RIP Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 3 September 6th 08 12:56 PM
At Last! An honest outspoken Populist voice. [email protected] General 2 February 28th 07 09:56 PM
marine GPS with voice prompting? *JimH* General 7 August 28th 05 03:52 PM
Finally, a voice of reason Walter Irvin General 16 May 5th 05 02:54 PM