stp stp is offline

Default Google Voice

On Jul 14, 2:04*pm, Harryk wrote:
On 7/14/11 1:59 PM, jps wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:27:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Anyone here using it?

Boating related content:

Google Voice can transcribe voicemail into text so that I can read
instead of listen to my messages. This is handy if I'm cruising along
at 30 knots and can't hear my cell phone.

The transcription is horrible if the voice isn't clear. *What the
human ear can pick up and interpret is orders of magnitude beyond the
ability of Google's transcription algorithms.

If you are cruising along at 30 knots on a boat, your eyes and attention
should be mostly forward and when not, your eyes should be sweeping from
side to side. When you stop and it is safe, that is the time to check
messages if you must.

The way I have the helm set up I can steer with my feet. That way even
with my drink in one hand I still have a free one to play with the
phone!