padeen

Default How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb.

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light
bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation
of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and
lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to
buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
technique and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URLs.

27 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this
group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a search on 'light bulbs' before posting questions about
light bulbs".

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
to start it all over again.

BB

is this spent bulb in a lamp, on at the peak of a two story bldg. or part of
a stadium flood lamp?
would it matter...........

enquiring minds want to know.

"padeen" wrote in message
[...]

Paul Stivers

"BB" wrote:

is this spent bulb in a lamp, on at the peak of a two story bldg. or
part of a stadium flood lamp?
would it matter...........

enquiring minds want to know.

Hey BB, you'd better take this lightbulb thing seriousely! Get some
training, etc. Or before you know it "The Man" is goning to be requiring
the registation of light bulbs, and a license to change one. This would be
an added cost to ALL of us. I for one don't want to see that. Do you?

--
Paul S.
Oci-One Kanubi

Paul Stivers wrote in message ...
"BB" wrote:

is this spent bulb in a lamp, on at the peak of a two story bldg. or
part of a stadium flood lamp?
would it matter...........

enquiring minds want to know.

Hey BB, you'd better take this lightbulb thing seriousely! Get some
training, etc. Or before you know it "The Man" is goning to be requiring
the registation of light bulbs, and a license to change one. This would be
an added cost to ALL of us. I for one don't want to see that. Do you?

Whoa, now, Paul. Jest you back up a minit here. As soon as "The Man"
repeals all taxes on light bulbs, and all taxes on the gasoline we use
to drive to the light-bulb store (thus neatly cancelling out the
Down-With-Big-Gubmint licensing fees) we will all be able to afford as
many light bulbs as we can use... to light our shantys and lean-tos.

-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
Richard Hopley, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net 1-301-775-0471
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll.
rhopley[at]wfubmc[dot]edu 1-336-713-5077
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters.

zethz

"padeen" wrote in message ...
[...]

.......1 to insist that it is the lightbulbs god given right to decide
if it needs changing and not a forums responsability to make those
kind of decisions.

2 to counter that the lightbulb/lightbulbette has a social duty
that requires it to be changed.

4 to preach that if it believes in the Light it will be born
whole again,there by allowing it to banish the dark so that others may
see their true path.
BB

Hey, I already got my light bulb repair kit from Amazon.com, on sale, plus I
had a 15 percent off coupon, I just haven't figured out what part is
missing..............
..
"BB" wrote:

is this spent bulb in a lamp, on at the peak of a two story bldg. or
part of a stadium flood lamp?
would it matter...........

enquiring minds want to know.

Hey BB, you'd better take this lightbulb thing seriousely! Get some
training, etc. Or before you know it "The Man" is goning to be requiring
the registation of light bulbs, and a license to change one. This would be
an added cost to ALL of us. I for one don't want to see that. Do you?

--
Paul S.

Hoodoo40

"And one to suggest it would be safer with sponsons."

Or one to flame us all with 100's of posts-- "it would be safer with
sponsons"