Default Really Ugly Boat

On 7/9/11 3:04 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 08/07/2011 1:18 PM, Harryk wrote:
I know taste is subjective, but this is one of the ugliest plush
cruisers I have ever seen:

http://tinyurl.com/3cxqe3n

Blech.

I would much prefer one of these:

http://www.nautorswan.com/swanlinepr...6/Default.aspx

I won't tell you why your liking Nautor Swans is funny to me.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing
Tim Tim is offline

http://www.nautorswan.com/swanlinepr...anLine/75/boat...

--
Now the real war is on Obama-debt, to save America's future.
And do it for your kids sake....and ignore the selfish fleabags...

Id put it up for sale too!

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 12:39:46 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I'd put it up for sale too!

The problem with 75 ft sail boats is that it takes a bunch of people
to sail them properly. Racing boats in that size range typically sail
with a crew of about 26 people. You can reduce that number
considerably with automated sail handling systems and power operated
winches but if any of that equipment becomes disabled, and eventually
it will, you still need a bunch of folks to take over and do it the
old fashioned way. We met a couple last year in he Caribbean who had
sailed around the world on a 35 foot sloop. They claimed it was the
ideal size because the sails were still small enough to be handled by
two people in any conditions.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

I'd put it up for sale too!

The problem with 75 ft sail boats is that it takes a bunch of people
to sail them properly. *Racing boats in that size range typically sail
with a crew of about 26 people. * You can reduce that number
considerably with automated sail handling systems and power operated
winches but if any of that equipment becomes disabled, and eventually
it will, you still need a bunch of folks to take over and do it the
old fashioned way. *We met a couple last year in he Caribbean who had
sailed around the world on a 35 foot sloop. *They claimed it was the
ideal size because the sails were still small enough to be handled by
two people in any conditions.

i can believe that. i know some people who have a 35 ft'r (or close
enough) and it's handled well by a guy and his wife. 75? er.... i
could handle it fine sitting in the slip.

Harryk wrote:
On 7/9/11 3:04 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 08/07/2011 1:18 PM, Harryk wrote:
I know taste is subjective, but this is one of the ugliest plush
cruisers I have ever seen:

http://tinyurl.com/3cxqe3n

Blech.

I would much prefer one of these:

http://www.nautorswan.com/swanlinepr...6/Default.aspx

I won't tell you why your liking Nautor Swans is funny to me.

Please don't. No one cares.

ugly permanent boat rug / carpet - options? [email protected] General 10 September 1st 20 05:26 PM
Dave's WAY Ugly Boat! Capt. Rob ASA 5 July 19th 07 11:03 PM
THE UGLY BOAT!! Thom Stewart ASA 0 October 18th 05 07:28 PM
for Carolyn the boat's ugly, outside me it's closed, whereas without you it's grasping clever Heavy Putrid Bozo ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:58 AM
An Ugly Boat or just a Troll Bobsprit ASA 3 August 13th 03 11:15 AM