Mary Malmros

Default sponsons really work! (BS)

(Backyard Renegade) writes:

Mary Malmros wrote in message ...
(William R. Watt) writes:

no BS. I put sponsons on a 7.5 ft sailboat. Keep them above the waterline
where they don't add to hull resistance through the water. Without teh
sponsons I'd never get back into the boat after a cpasize.

You MUST be kidding. I could right a Sailfish on my own when I was
six years old. Okay, it took a little work, but...

Wow, impressive...

Not really. It's not that hard -- that's kind of the point.

But he did not say anything about righting a boat,
he said he wanted to re-enter the boat.

And leave it upside down, hmm? They sail real good that way ;-)
If you, or he, knows a way to re-enter and roll a sailboat with the
sails still on it, I'm prepared to genuflect in awe.

Not everyone here is a olypmic
star or was raised in boats..

Add me to the "not everyone". Never an Olympic star or even an
Olympic jock-washer.

BTW, according to what I know, William
was... and although he may not be a 35 yo buff, X generation, global
jaunting, look at me, only the best equipment type guy, there is
actually a possibility he has spent more time in smallboats than even
you!

Sure it's a possibility. So who said otherwise?

Sometimes you folks here need to remember, it is still a paddling
group and there are more than just WW paddlers posting here and some
of us just want to make things easier for ourselves so our fun, is not
so much work.

And sometimes you folks that are listing strongly to one side need
to get yourselves a crane and remove that mountain-sized chip from
your shoulder. Buy all the sponsons you want, and festoon your car
with 'em if you choose. My comment was simply because I'm danged if
I can see why they'd be necessary to get back in a capsized 7.5 foot
sailboat. I still don't see why, and I don't think you've given me
any more information on that.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros

Some days you're the windshield,
Other days you're the bug.
Backyard Renegade

(William R. Watt) writes:

[...]

Nothing personal Mary, have never doubted your abilities or avoided
your posts as I can learn from them. The only chip I have here is
brought on by the thrashing newbies with different ideas take when
trying to post or gain information from this group, I have watched
several get trashed over time for just asking a question. And the
thrashings always seem to come from the same camp...
Scotty

Buy all the sponsons you want, and festoon your car
with 'em if you choose. My comment was simply because I'm danged if
I can see why they'd be necessary to get back in a capsized 7.5 foot
sailboat. I still don't see why, and I don't think you've given me
any more information on that.

Backyard Renegade

(William R. Watt) writes:

[...]

I am listing to one side, just not the side you think... Personally I
still fall in the camp that if you need spondoms, you are probably in
the wrong boat or in conditions you should not be in **in most
cases**. I happen to be familiar with Wills boating habits and access
through his postings to other newsgroups and if Will says he needs
these spondoms to get back into his boat, he probably does. Personally
I would not use spondoms for anything more than waterbottles. they
might also make good pool toys for the kids... just not attached to
any boat!
Scotty
John Q Adams

om...

(William R. Watt) writes:

[...]

Is a spondom something a sponson wears while procreating little sponsons.

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

John Adams