Ed Edelenbos

Default Just how stupid are RBP posters?

Excuse me y'all... I'm still a newbie here and I only post now and then
(usually asking questions and leeching info.) I have yet another
question...

Who is this nitwit (this "Tim" fellow)? And just what is his agenda?
Did he have a loved one die in a canoe accident or something? Is his
next theme going to be magnetic zippers so no one catches their "wee
wee" in a zipper again? I guess everyone needs their "cross to bear"
but this guy seems a bit over the top to me.

Here, save yourself reading his book... Understand yourself and your
capabilities and understand your boat. Keep a PFD handy (if not on.)

Ed

Tim Ingram wrote:
Charles Pezeshki wrote in message ...

Hi Folks,

Timmy's back, and he almost ruined the ng the last time.

For those that can't seem to put two logical thoughts together, his book is
'published' by a company that for the price of the paper + commission will
print out his screed and ship it to you. In other words, it ain't a book.
The 'press release' was written by HIM.

This isn't going to erupt into some big scandal that's gonna require
everyone to modify their canoes. Do any of you have any idea how much it
takes to get the attention of the American public? Please don't assume that
the problems we have in WW or even fla****er paddling are going to attach
themselves to the American mind. Between 30K-40K people die yearly in car
accidents, and no one frankly gives a damn. Whole countries go up in smoke,
and the majority of folks can't even locate them on the map. Don't
self-aggrandize.

RBP is not only stupid , it is murderous Charles. And you fit the
profile of the ordinary Nazi citizen (if you read Goldhagen's book.)
You think, like Marsh, that if canoes and kayaks are such a tiny
group(100,000 new US boats annually), then you are entitled to murder
as cruelly as possible, since the NUMBER of deaths is still far less
than General Motors.

However, the RATE of deaths is far higher than GM in exposure hours.
Canoes and kayaks are much more deadly than Ford Firestone Explorers!
This is because you want it this way, apparently.

Sure, Charles Manson had fewer deaths, but his Rate of of Death per
exposure hour was far higher than canoes and kayaks. That is why he
will never get out!

If you read the link:

http://www.1stBooks.com/bookview/16818

You will find that RBP, the American Canoe Association, and the murder
cult around kayaking and canoeing has a far higher Death Rate than any
other scandal in history.

And to refer to Goldhagen, Milgram, and thousands of other academic
studies attempting to explain the extermination of over 6 million
people in Germany, you will find yourself right in there, like the
other Charles.

You have no right to murder US citizens in canoes and kayaks, for any
reason. Nor do any of your RBP murdering friends.

How do you compare to bin Laden regarding rate of death? Well, his
organization has been full bore for about a decade. Your organization,
RBP and the US canoe and kayak industry have been at it longer, but
over the same past decade you have well over 1,500 Canadian and US
canoe and kayak deaths (USCG BARD data, Also 2001 testimony in US
Congress and Canadian databases.) So you fall short of Sept. 11 with
just less than 3,000 dead US, Canadian, and other citizens.

But you are doing everthing you can to make certain that people die in
the water, as the link points out. You like to see 2 little eleven
year old Girl Guides die a long and cruel death thinking of their
parents who they will never see again. Almost all canoe and kayak
deaths are long and cruel.

My next book, soon to be published will be a study in attitudes and
murder (essentially criminal profiling). Your posts (all of you) in
RBP over the years have chillingly documented in the US and Canada,
what Goldhagen did for Germany.

You may be stupid at RBP, but you are not that stupid. You know it is
wrong to make canoes and kayaks as dangerous as possible. The American
Canoe Association is now using more "bait and switch" in meetings with
the USCG so often, that all of my points about them in the current
book, ISBN 1-4107-4568-6 (Library of Congress etc.), will be greatly
amplified in the new book. The real story is the deliberate and
organized murder of US and Canadian citizens by people acting in a
nasty group, like you Charles.

Tim

This ng can offer fun, companionship and solace to all paddlers. But it
can't do this if it doesn't exist-- and Timmy has demonstrated that he has
the will to do nothing but post as long as he is responded to.

We've seen this before. Please, PLEASE resist the temptation. Like Momma
always said, a show without an audience doesn't last long.

Chuck
http://www.wildcountry.info

John Q Adams

Hi Ed

Have you ever read "Gladly, the Cross-Eyed Bear"? Well, if even you did,
that wouldn't help you understand Timmy.

The world is filled with folks scheming to GET poor little Timmy. He has
only his paranoia for company. So take it easy on the poor guy.

Maybe he'll go away to rec.suicide.bombers.still.alive and rant there.
Meanwhile, read the nice folks posts. Like Mary Malmos who hits the nail on
the head every time.

John Adams

Tim Ingram wrote:
[...]

Brian Nystrom

Ed Edelenbos wrote:

Who is this nitwit (this "Tim" fellow)?

Well, you've got the first part right.

And just what is his agenda?

His agenda is simply to fill his pockets with cash by any means necessary, including exploiting the tragic
deaths of children. Don't buy into the safety crap, it's really all about money. He sells inflatable
sponsons, which he considers to the the ultimate safety device. He's been campaigning for years to make
them mandatory on kayaks and canoes. Oddly, he's a Brit turned Canadian, but he's been pushing his agenda
mainly in the US. Go figure.

Tim is obviously paranoid and delusional, and believes that the kayak industry and this newsgroup are
plotting against him. He seems to see the newsgroup as a single entity, one mind (maybe we should rename
it to rec.BORG. paddle). He also apparently believes that everyone involved with kayak safety training is
intentionally trying to kill paddlers. Over the top? Uh...yeah...that's putting it mildly. Just the kind
of guy you'd want to turn to for rational safety advice, right?

--
Regards

Brian

Oci-One Kanubi

" John Q Adams" typed:

[snip]

Meanwhile, read the nice folks posts. Like Mary Malmos who hits the nail on
the head every time.

Well... 99 times outta 100! She has a swell balance of analytical
ability (left brain?) and human understanding (right brain?), which
sorta just boils down to good sense and good judgment, grounded in
solid scientific reality.

Two paddling buddies and I enjoyed Mary's hospitality when we were in
Massachusetts to paddle the Deerfield release, several Septembers ago.
One of those buddies, Sally, subsequently arranged a paddling trip to
[summers in Central America] with Mary.

In consequence of that visit, I am here to report that Mary is one OK
amiga, in every way.

--
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty

Richard Hopley, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net 1-301-775-0471
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll.
rhople[at]wfubmc[dot]edu 1-336-713-5077
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters.

Charles Pezeshki

HI Mary,

A point about the law. In order to show libel in the US, you must document
and demonstrate damages. This is NOT the case in Great Britain.

Tim is extremely annoying, but it would be impossible for anyone to show
damages from his actions.

Chuck

in article , Mary Malmros at
wrote on 8/20/03 4:14 AM:

Out of curiosity, has anyone slapped this loon with a libel suit?

--
Mary Malmros

Some days you're the windshield,
Other days you're the bug.