jps jps is offline

Default Palin's version of history

Here Froggy, go ahead and defend her... "part of his ride was to warn
the British..."

Sarah Palin maintained Sunday that her recollection of Paul Revere’s
Midnight Ride was correct, saying “I didn’t mess up about Paul
Revere.”

Appearing on Fox News Sunday at the tail end of her bus tour last
week, the former Alaska governor and potential presidential candidate
said she was referring to the less well-known part of the story in
which Revere is captured by the British and warns them that the
Americans are ready for them.

“Part of his ride was to warn the British that we’re already there –
that, ‘Hey, you’re not going to succeed. You’re not going to take
American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons,
individual, private militia that we have,’” Palin said, according to a
transcript. “He did warn the British.”

Palin appears to be referring to a part of the story which is not in
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s poem but is described elsewhere in
historical accounts, in which Revere is detained by the British and
warns them, while at gunpoint, that 500 American militiamen awaited in
Concord.

In her initial comment and on Sunday, Palin seemed to blend this
aspect of the story with Revere actually riding around to warn the
Americans that the British were coming. She described Revere warning
the British by riding through town, firing warning shots and ringing
bells. Warning shots and bells are not included in historical accounts
of the ride, either.

“He who warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away
our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his
horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were
going to be secure and we were going to be free,” Palin said to a
local TV reporter.

Palin’s bus tour was seen as part of a prospective presidential
campaign, but Palin said the tour wasn’t about her personal political
ambitions, and that she remains “right in the middle” when it comes to
running for president.

In a wide-ranging interview with Fox’s Chris Wallace, she also said
she would vote ‘no’ on raising the debt limit and supports Rep. Paul
Ryan’s (R-Wis.) plan for Medicare reform.

“I am very frustrated with Democrats and with the media trying to spin
Paul Ryan’s efforts here in trying to save and shore up Medicare,
because what’s being spun, Chris, this misperception, this
misconception that he’s trying to do away with Medicare,” Palin said.

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:38:08 -0700, jps wrote:

[...]

The only "bells" are in her head.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:47:16 -0700, wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:32:13 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 06/06/2011 11:38 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

Just fleabagger FEAR, begetting fleabagger SMEAR.

Lefties are really lazy, envious selfish types. As any leftie, it is
all about me-me-me-me-me-me debt today for me-me-me-me-me-me as without
social assistance, they are useless twits and they know it. Cut today
and have tomorrow makes no more sense to a fleabagger than work and save
today so you don't have to be a leach.

Fact is, Paul Ryan would make a good president, if he were not so
valuable where he is. One of the few in Congress with any sense.

Lefties are like rats it an over crowded cage, ready to gnaw off the
legs of some other rat so they have more.

You are the essential pin-head rat.

He's just a dimwitted partisan who'd forgive in his own what he damns
in others.