posted to alt.great-lakes,misc.rural,rec.boats

Default Sewage overflow in Michigan approaches 15 billion gallons | GreatLakes Echo

http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned stupid
to be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned stupid to
be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

State and municipal infrastructure improvements usually are paid for by
the sale of bonds. Bonds mean more debt. So, you're against more debt
except when you are not.

posted to alt.great-lakes,misc.rural,rec.boats

In article ,
says...

Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned stupid to
be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

State and municipal infrastructure improvements usually are paid for by
the sale of bonds. Bonds mean more debt. So, you're against more debt
except when you are not.

Psssst, dumb ass..... Bonds are bought by investors, you idiot. I own
some.

On 19/05/2011 4:57 AM, Harryk wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned stupid to
be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

State and municipal infrastructure improvements usually are paid for by
the sale of bonds. Bonds mean more debt. So, you're against more debt
except when you are not.

Well, if they have some unchatteled quality land to secure it by, as I
don't trust the welchers, and accept 20% I will lend. And if they
default, I don't have to pay taxes on that land for 25 years making it
worth something.

Trouble is these governments are bankrupted with debt, having ignoring
union, pension and corruption issues for too ong, and now thy dont want
to pay for it. Well touch then, plug their pipes.

Here is why real estate will be more expensive in Ecuador than in many
places in the USA. The threat from extortionary taxes is much less in
Ecuador than in the USA. Like third world countries, you often get tax
limit guarantees to buy. USA needs to start doing this or average home
prices might go below $100k.

You don't just buy a house or a business, you also buy the liabilities
that come with it. And frankly, 75% of the USA is crap to invest in fo
this reason.

Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to link up your demand for a
solution to the sewage problem with your inability to understand why
such solution usually requires the municipality or state to take on debt
in the form of bonds.

You really do not know how things work.

Ecuador, eh? You should move there.
posted to alt.great-lakes,misc.rural,rec.boats

On 19/05/2011 6:54 AM, Hairy Kraut wrote:
In ,
says...

Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned stupid to
be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial,ignorance?

State and municipal infrastructure improvements usually are paid for by
the sale of bonds. Bonds mean more debt. So, you're against more debt
except when you are not.

Psssst, dumb ass..... Bonds are bought by investors, you idiot. I own
some.

Obama and the dimwits don't think they need investors.

Perhaps dump the raw sewage on their lawns?

Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned
stupid to
be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial,ignorance?

State and municipal infrastructure improvements usually are paid for by
the sale of bonds. Bonds mean more debt. So, you're against more debt
except when you are not.

Psssst, dumb ass..... Bonds are bought by investors, you idiot. I own
some.

Obama and the dimwits don't think they need investors.

Perhaps dump the raw sewage on their lawns?

Whoosh! to both of you brain sturgeons.

Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

I might. Nice weather year around. No union-debt worshipers looking to
screw you over on taxes.

Which is really what it boils down to. Many cities have a byzantine
ineffective local government full of pork and corruption. Instead of
dealing with it, they jump up the taxes. No one trusts them any more,
ther debt has become high risk low reward.

Why would you lend to a city that is broke for maybe a 1% return? Even
at 5%, too risky.Fact is they need to borrow at market rates which might
top 15%.

Heck, you can go to Panama, lend the low debt government money and the
yield is 4.5%.

Bottom line, they need to be forced to get their priorities right.

Could be as simple as pass a 10% per year wage roll back on all civic
jobs including union, pension and politicians until they are in line
with federal laws on pollution. Then watch the civic chair mushrooms move.

Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

So, go. No one will miss you.

As November Approaches... HK General 5 July 3rd 08 04:09 PM
The 'madness' approaches HK General 102 April 24th 08 01:03 AM
Lawn Mower Overflow [email protected] General 18 July 8th 06 02:44 PM
How to gas up a 2005 Bayliner 175 without overflow ?? Mr Wizzard General 19 July 26th 05 05:49 PM
FS: Perception Overflow Chris VanSice Whitewater 0 March 9th 04 12:35 AM