Default Lawn Mower Overflow

Hi

My gas lawn mower was working fine till last week. I found that it was
short of oil, so I added some and was mowed for another couple opf
weeks. This week, when I tried to turn it on, there was oil spill below
the engine and mower is not turning on. Is this overflow or did I do
something really stupid? If it is overflow, please advise how to fix
it. Thanks. Tom.

By under the motor I assume you mean under the deck? If so, that may be
the shaft seal where the crank exits the block.

Dale

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 23:58:57 GMT, Don White
wrote:

I'm assuming this is a four stroke type and not a two stroke like the
Lawn Boy brand.

Say what?

I mean I know two strokes rule - four strokes drool and all that, but
since when?

You're unaware of these two stroke lawnmowers? For shame.

Two stroke lawnmowers were good for stealing the engine from them and
building a go-kart.
I haven't seen a two stoke lawnmower for years and didn't realize they were
still made.
Which triggers another memory .... ever drive a 60's or 70's vintage Saab
with the 2 stroke engine?
I drove one occasionally when working at a garage after school in New Haven.
Weird car.

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

We lived in the area I circled near the bottom of this map:

http://tinyurl.com/psb36

Darn close to being next door neighbors. We lived in Woodbridge, just a few
miles west of you ... near the Bethany town line.

Eisboch

wrote:

I'm assuming this is a four stroke type and not a two stroke like the
Lawn Boy brand.

Say what?

I mean I know two strokes rule - four strokes drool and all that, but
since when?

Just looked at their site...seems they now use the three following
motors..Briggs & Stratton, Honda & Tecumseh.
You may have to find an older model if you favour 2 strokes.
....or get with the times and convert.
http://www.lawn-boy.com/

Thank you all for your replys.
Adding to Original Query:
It is a Briggs & Stratton 6.25 HP Two stroke engine. Please Help!

If it's a Briggs, it's a ten minute fix.

If it's a Briggs it was meant to last 10 minutes!

I was in the gardening business and then mower business for about 20
years. The Briggs was always a pain. The very best mower ever was
Toro's 21" commercial with a two stroke engine. It ran forever.

Then California outlawed the two stroke on mowers. Had to buy in
Nevada. Don't know now if they're available at all.

Dale

lawn mower outboard [email protected] General 8 December 25th 05 02:31 PM
Thinking of becoming a live aboard richard Cruising 27 November 3rd 05 09:27 PM
How to gas up a 2005 Bayliner 175 without overflow ?? Mr Wizzard General 19 July 26th 05 05:49 PM
Insurance ScouseRanger Cruising 10 June 19th 05 09:58 AM
FS: Perception Overflow Chris VanSice Whitewater 0 March 9th 04 12:35 AM