Default Bachmann challenged to debate Constitution by 10th Grader

Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?
Let Amy debate! Let Amy debate!
​Michele Bachmann is famously reluctant to put herself in positions
where she might have to talk to someone who disagrees with her.

But Jesus God do we hope she makes an exception in this instance.

Amy Myers, a high school sophomore from Cherry Valley, New Jersey, has
thrown down the gauntlet, challenging the Minnesota Representative to a
debate and public test on the constitution, U.S. history, and civics.

Myers says Bachmann's frequent errors, misstatements and distortions
aren't just bad for civic discourse -- they're bad for women.

"Though politically expedient, incorrect comments cast a shadow on your
person and by unfortunate proxy, both your supporters and detractors
alike often generalize this shadow to women as a whole," Myers writes.

So to show that Bachmann isn't a great representative of her gender's
intellectual capacity, Myers proposes a battle of wits.

This seems like a terrific idea. The public interest is there. Box
office and pay-per-view revenue would be enormous. Some enterprising
promoter needs to start putting this together STAT.

We'll keep you updated on how Bachmann responds to Myers' challenge. In
the meantime, here's the letter:

Dear Representative Bachmann,

My name is Amy Myers. I am a Cherry Hill, New Jersey sophomore
attending Cherry Hill High School East. As a typical high school
student, I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The
Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school
education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect,
inaccurately applied or grossly distorted. The frequency and scope of
these comments prompted me to write this letter.

Though I am not in your home district, or even your home state, you
are a United States Representative of some prominence who is subject to
national media coverage. News outlets and websites across this country
profile your causes and viewpoints on a regular basis. As one of a
handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and
responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The
statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position
of Congresswoman, but women everywhere. Though politically expedient,
incorrect comments cast a shadow on your person and by unfortunate
proxy, both your supporters and detractors alike often generalize this
shadow to women as a whole.

Rep. Bachmann, the frequent inability you have shown to accurately
and factually present even the most basic information about the United
States led me to submit the follow challenge, pitting my public
education against your advanced legal education:

I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann
to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the
United States, United States History and United States Civics.

Hopefully, we will be able to meet for such an event, as it would
prove to be enlightening.

Sincerely yours,
Amy Myers

http://tinyurl.com/5trpncd

On 13/05/2011 1:02 PM, Harryk wrote:

Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?

Sure a lot smarter than any democrat. Hank Johnson anyone?
--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

On Sat, 14 May 2011 10:24:05 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 13/05/2011 1:02 PM, Harryk wrote:

Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?

Sure a lot smarter than any democrat. Hank Johnson anyone?

it's a mark of the degeneracy of the right that they think bachmann is
smart, let alone smarter than a democrat

wrote:

On 13/05/2011 1:02 PM, Harryk wrote:
Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?

Sure a lot smarter than any democrat. Hank Johnson anyone?

it's a mark of the degeneracy of the right that they think bachmann is
smart, let alone smarter than a democrat

Bachmann is ignorant and stupid. She's really a piece of work.

wrote:

On 13/05/2011 1:02 PM, Harryk wrote:
Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?
Sure a lot smarter than any democrat. Hank Johnson anyone?

it's a mark of the degeneracy of the right that they think bachmann is
smart, let alone smarter than a democrat

Bachmann is ignorant and stupid. She's really a piece of work.

No where nears Hank Johnson....

wrote:

On 13/05/2011 1:02 PM, Harryk wrote:

Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?

Sure a lot smarter than any democrat. Hank Johnson anyone?

it's a mark of the degeneracy of the right that they think bachmann is
smart, let alone smarter than a democrat

Compared to Hank, anyone is smart.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:02:24 -0400,
wrote:

[...]

I want $10 on Amy

It has the possibility of being really funny and embarrassing for
Bachmann. Maybe Sara Palin will coach the Congresswoman! :)

The Bachmann Post jps General 0 November 23rd 09 09:47 PM
new_Cus_28_Joseph Conrad, Jan. 10th, 1935, New York_Stanley Rosenfeld_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 September 26th 09 01:57 AM
Michele Bachmann Has Competition HK General 5 May 1st 09 08:13 AM
Pacific Singlehanded Sailing Association meeting Monday 10th [email protected] General 0 April 8th 06 09:58 PM
Pacific Singlehanded Sailing Association meeting Monday 10th [email protected] Cruising 0 April 8th 06 09:57 PM