Default This girl can sing.

In article ,
says...

John H wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:41:09 -0400, wrote:

On 4/26/11 12:16 PM, NYOB wrote:
On 4/26/11 10:11 AM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:00:01 -0400, wrote:

As an agnostic, I normally don't listen to a lot of religious music, but
Carrie Underwood does a great rendition of this classic Christian song.
To me it highlights how the really GREAT singers are able to express
their emotions and connect with their audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMz...layer_embedded
Super job. Thanks.

If I were an agnostic or atheist, I'd just pretend she was singing it
to me.

"How great thou art...(John)"! Works for me.
Nah, I have no problems with people embarrassing Christianity or any
other religion. Their strong beliefs are in no way insulting to me or my
beliefs.
Damn spell check, I meant to say EMBRACING.

I wondered, but I kinda felt the same way about some agnostics and some anti-God atheists. So, I
didn't say anything.

The problem arises when "the religious" attempt/succeed in pushing their
beliefs onto society as a whole. I don't give a damn what the religious
do in their houses of worship or in their families or in their private
institutions.

The problem arises when the agnostic and atheists attack and mock the
little Christian kids because they are uninformed and raised by bigoted
parents who will not allow both sides of the story in any social
activity or association. It's so much easier to justify your bigotry if
you are the only voice...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On 4/26/11 12:16 PM, NYOB wrote:
On 4/26/11 10:11 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

Indeed, some "little Christian kids" are raised by overzealous, overly
religious, bigoted parents who will not allow their progeny to learn
about reality or even play with kids who do not share their religious
beliefs.

Teaching your children that the world is only about 6000 year old, that
man and dinosaurs were on the earth at the same time*, that evolution is
anathema, well, such hogwash is what certain "little Christian kids"
learn, and when those parents and those kids try to push that crap on
the rest of society, that is where the problems arise.

In the world of reality, there often are not "both sides of the story."
There is what is or was, and then there is ignorance-based superstition.
The sort of religious zealotry that encourages belief in such nonsense
is what starts holy wars.

* There are dioramas at the christian Creation Museum in Kentucky that
actually show man and dinosaurs living amongst each other.

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 27, 4:55*am, Harryk wrote:
I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On 4/26/11 12:16 PM, NYOB wrote:
On 4/26/11 10:11 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

Really Harry?. I'm surprised of your fear of religion. You sound
more fearful of the believers than the believers fear the atheist/
agnostics.

* There are dioramas at the christian Creation Museum in Kentucky that
actually show man and dinosaurs living amongst each other.

Oh how shocking. how dare they?

Well, there goes the neighborhood....

Tim wrote:
On Apr 27, 4:55 am, wrote:
I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...
On 4/26/11 12:16 PM, NYOB wrote:
On 4/26/11 10:11 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

It's not a fear of religion per se...it's what happens when the overly
religious try to push their zealotry onto the rest of society, and the
horrors that happen in the name of faith. Nowadays, we have muslims who
are terrorists in the name of their religious beliefs. Not so many years
ago, we had christians who were terrorists in the name of their
religious beliefs. In fact, we still have christian religious terrorists.

As for the museum dioramas, my feeling is that if the fundies who run
that place are promoting the idea that man and dinosaurs walked together
on the earth, then there is no reason to believe any of the other
ignorant bull**** they promote.

Why can't the religious keep their superstitions and control freak
issues to themselves?

Harryk wrote:
Tim wrote:

Really Harry?. I'm surprised of your fear of religion. You sound
more fearful of the believers than the believers fear the atheist/
agnostics.

Let me elaborate a bit on my previous comment.

I am not fearful of believers, but fundie zealots make me queasy for
many reasons I've stated here over the years. I know a lot of very
religious people, but they are not fundie zealots: they do not try to
push their beliefs onto people of other faiths or no faith.

I know some atheists and many agnostics. I'm agnostic. I don't know any
atheists or agnostics who want to convert "the religious" to their/our
way of thinking. Religious people have no reason to fear us. We're not
interested in closing your churches or in killing your priests or
ministers or imposing weird beliefs on your non-religious society.

I don't care what religion someone is. My only objection arises when
"the religious" try to push their beliefs onto my non-religious civil
society, especially through legislation.

On 4/26/11 12:16 PM, NYOB wrote:
On 4/26/11 10:11 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

*This* gal can really sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLKEdmVu3FY

So can this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFCpaDEM3Mc

And this one. Even Harry will appreciate it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkY9HtwXNU8

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:33:29 -0400, Harryk
sent the following message
Tim wrote:
On Apr 27, 4:55 am, wrote:
I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,

says...

wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Why can't you keep your vitrol to yourself and leave others' to
believe what they want? Your many Catholic friends would surely
apreciate it. And it might evrn help you to avoid being booted from
moderated groups.

Let's all sing praisess to the One... Lu Powell[_11_] General 1 November 5th 09 05:26 AM
Sing Joe ASA 3 March 25th 07 05:08 AM
Shut up and sing JimH General 28 October 14th 06 06:32 PM
Let's all sing along John Cairns ASA 3 October 24th 04 02:43 PM
O.T. As only Frank can sing it,,,! RGrew176 General 1 October 1st 04 11:03 PM