Default 2 Die in Local Bay Boating Mishap

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

John H wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:02:47 -0400, Wayne wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:48:58 -0400,
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/44ktuns

Four guys from Pennsylvania were fishing for stripers yesterday, leaving
out of Breezy Point Marina, where I kept my Parkers. 28' boat. The water
was choppy, but not a problem for a boat that size. It began to take on
water. One of the fishermen successfully swam to shore; the other three
were plucked out of the water. Two of the latter died.
Not many 28 ft boats carry life rafts but it looks like that is about
the only thing that could have saved them.

Some articles are calling the boat a 23'er and saying it capsized. If they caught a fish and four
guys ran to the side to look over, I could see it capsizing in the choppy waters of the bay.

Well, that makes more sense...trailering a 23-footer down from PA is
more likely than trailering a 28-footer. Still...I was down a BP
yesterday to talk to a couple of incoming fishermen, and while the Bay
was choppy, it wasn't that bad. You could have gone out for a bumpy ride.

The articles says the men rented a ship.