Default I don't know what the big "to-do" ...

.... is all about. I don't favor unnecessary shooting wars (Iraq, Afghanistan,
Vietnam, et cetera), but these days our military is all volunteer. In exchange
for whatever they are getting out of their enlistments, they volunteered to put
their bodies on the line.

If an R.N. is assigned ER duty, is he/she going to bolt because there's
too much blood? If so, she/he should have picked a different occupation.

*********************

So...since they volunteered, let's just get 'em killed!

Only a real dumb **** would say something like that.

John H wrote:
... is all about. I don't favor unnecessary shooting wars (Iraq, Afghanistan,
Vietnam, et cetera), but these days our military is all volunteer. In exchange
for whatever they are getting out of their enlistments, they volunteered to put
their bodies on the line.

If an R.N. is assigned ER duty, is he/she going to bolt because there's
too much blood? If so, she/he should have picked a different occupation.

*********************

So...since they volunteered, let's just get 'em killed!

Only a real dumb **** would say something like that.

You really have a difficult time understanding what you read.
I said I don't favor unnecessary shooting wars. On the other hand,
our current military forces volunteered to project force for this
country. It's why they get paid.

Perhaps we need a two-tiered soldier system...those who sign up knowing
they might be sent into action and those who sign up knowing they won't.
In the latter category, we could put George W. Bush and Bertie the
Birther Robbins, eh?