Default Yo Tim!

Here's the weekend's campground spot.

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/pohick_bay/content/camping

This place also has a nice boat ramp, and it's where we put in when younger
daughter brings kids for a play-day at a boater's beach in Belmont Bay.

Oh, lest I forget, here's the chili recipe I mentioned:

1½ pounds ground beef round
2 medium yellow onions, chopped (2 cups)
1 medium celery rib, chopped (1/2 cup)
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons chili powder
4 tablespoons paprika
½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or ½ teaspoon dried, crumbled
½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or ½ teaspoon dried crumbled
½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried, crumbled
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
Salt, optional, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 28-ounce can peeled tomato in puree, undrained
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
½ cup water

Toppings - as desired

¾ cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 15 ½ ounce can dark red kidney beans, heated and drained
Oyster crackers

1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions, celery, and garlic over
medium-high heat until the beef is browned and the onions are limp, about 5
minutes. Drain off all fat.
2. 2. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 ½ quart or larger crockery slow-cooker
and combine with remaining ingredients except spaghetti and toppings. Stir to
mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 ½ to 4 ½
hours. Stir once during the last hour if cooking on high.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, cook spaghetti according to package
directions. Drain and keep warm.

I don't put the beans in the chili, but serve them on the side for those who
want them. I also make some elbow macaroni and serve it on the side. I don't put
the red pepper in 'cause Sandy doesn't like it. But, I serve some homemade
chipotle hot sauce on the side.

John H wrote:
[...]

Allspice? Never thought of that for chili. Well, why not.

In article ,
says...

John H wrote:
Here's the weekend's campground spot.

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/pohick_bay/content/camping

This place also has a nice boat ramp, and it's where we put in when younger
daughter brings kids for a play-day at a boater's beach in Belmont Bay.

Oh, lest I forget, here's the chili recipe I mentioned:

1? pounds ground beef round
2 medium yellow onions, chopped (2 cups)
1 medium celery rib, chopped (1/2 cup)
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons chili powder
4 tablespoons paprika
? tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or ? teaspoon dried, crumbled
? tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or ? teaspoon dried crumbled
? tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or ? teaspoon dried, crumbled
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
? teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
? teaspoon crushed red pepper
? teaspoon ground allspice
Salt, optional, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 28-ounce can peeled tomato in puree, undrained
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
? cup water

Toppings - as desired

? cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 15 ? ounce can dark red kidney beans, heated and drained
Oyster crackers

1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions, celery, and garlic over
medium-high heat until the beef is browned and the onions are limp, about 5
minutes. Drain off all fat.
2. 2. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 ? quart or larger crockery slow-cooker
and combine with remaining ingredients except spaghetti and toppings. Stir to
mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 ? to 4 ?
hours. Stir once during the last hour if cooking on high.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, cook spaghetti according to package
directions. Drain and keep warm.

I don't put the beans in the chili, but serve them on the side for those who
want them. I also make some elbow macaroni and serve it on the side. I don't put
the red pepper in 'cause Sandy doesn't like it. But, I serve some homemade
chipotle hot sauce on the side.

Allspice? Never thought of that for chili. Well, why not.

There's a lot of things you haven't thought of, Harry.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 11, 12:01*pm, John H wrote:
Here's the weekend's campground spot.

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/pohick_bay/content/camping

This place also has a nice boat ramp, and it's where we put in when younger
daughter brings kids for a play-day at a boater's beach in Belmont Bay.

Oh, lest I forget, here's the chili recipe I mentioned:

1 pounds ground beef round
[...]

Thanks John. I'm looking forward to trying it. I've got it copied and
filed.

On 3/11/11 5:51 PM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:01 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Did you write it down in longhand, take a Polaroid of the screen, or use
a carbon paper rubbing technique? :)

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 11, 5:09*pm, Harryk wrote:
On 3/11/11 5:51 PM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 11, 12:01 pm, John *wrote:
[...]

hey man, I'm not in the stone age any more.

Think Xerox, Harry. Xerox!

Yo Tim... [email protected] General 1 April 25th 09 06:28 PM
Yo Tim John H[_8_] General 11 January 13th 09 09:41 PM
Yo Tim 2 John H[_8_] General 1 January 12th 09 10:03 PM
Yo!! Tim!! Tom Francis - SWSports General 7 January 5th 09 12:00 PM
Yo Tim! Vic Smith General 35 October 13th 07 11:53 PM