John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Yo Tim!

Here's the weekend's campground spot.

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/pohick_bay/content/camping

This place also has a nice boat ramp, and it's where we put in when younger
daughter brings kids for a play-day at a boater's beach in Belmont Bay.

Oh, lest I forget, here's the chili recipe I mentioned:

1½ pounds ground beef round
2 medium yellow onions, chopped (2 cups)
1 medium celery rib, chopped (1/2 cup)
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons chili powder
4 tablespoons paprika
½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or ½ teaspoon dried, crumbled
½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or ½ teaspoon dried crumbled
½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried, crumbled
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
Salt, optional, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 28-ounce can peeled tomato in puree, undrained
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
½ cup water

Toppings - as desired

¾ cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 15 ½ ounce can dark red kidney beans, heated and drained
Oyster crackers

1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions, celery, and garlic over
medium-high heat until the beef is browned and the onions are limp, about 5
minutes. Drain off all fat.
2. 2. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 ½ quart or larger crockery slow-cooker
and combine with remaining ingredients except spaghetti and toppings. Stir to
mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 ½ to 4 ½
hours. Stir once during the last hour if cooking on high.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, cook spaghetti according to package
directions. Drain and keep warm.

I don't put the beans in the chili, but serve them on the side for those who
want them. I also make some elbow macaroni and serve it on the side. I don't put
the red pepper in 'cause Sandy doesn't like it. But, I serve some homemade
chipotle hot sauce on the side.