Default It's snerk time in Florida...again.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

I_am_Tosk wrote:

That's what I tried to tell Harry, but he just called me names

There is no subject on which I will consider or otherwise value your
opinion, little turd. Hell, man, I know more about unskilled labor jobs
in a warehouse than you do; I wasn't fired from the two warehouse jobs I
had as a teen-ager.

Do you expect anyone here except Donnie to value your views or your
opinions. You have been proved to be a liar time and again. Your
credibility here is zero.

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:24:40 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:57:12 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:44:10 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:17:00 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

I hate to say it because I do love the state, but
Florida seems to elect one idiot after another for governor.

"Three weeks after Gov. Rick Scott put the brakes on high-speed rail,
the Florida Department of Transportation on Wednesday released a study
showing the line connecting Tampa to Orlando would have had a $10.2
million operating surplus in 2015, its first year of operation.

The study showed the line would have had a $28.6 million surplus in its
10th year."

I'd guess Governor Scott nixed the project because he couldn't figure
out a way to personally benefit from it.

That was based on the wild assertion that 3 million people would ride
on it. That is what the Acela gets, with 50 times the number of people
within 50 miles of the stations.

3 million was a low-ball..... Acela doesn't serve Mickey World....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/mar...-made-more-mo/

That is a bogus number. Are you really saying the meager populations
of Tampa and Orlando would match the ridership of a train between
Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York metro and Boston?

Who would fly to Tampa to take a train to Orlando when Orlando has a
nicer airport with lower landing fees (cheaper tickets)

That is particularly true when you figure out it only takes about an
hour to an hour and a half to drive it. You are not going to be able
to do much in either town without a car anyway.
If these cities want a commuter rail line, let them build it but don't
confuse that with a cross state train line that will run empty most of
the time.

Landing fees don't tell the whole story. It is *considerably* cheaper
to fly to Tampa rather than Orlando and hotels in Tampa are about half
the price of Orlando.

If you are going to Disney World with your kids you are going to stay in
Orlando. You are not going to waste 3 to 5 hours a day traveling between
Tampa and Orlando to save a couple of bucks.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

I'm sorry, but you haven't offered an explanation of how those
"billions" allegedly got into the pockets of the unions and politicians.
Certainly not from dues payments from union members. Are you insinuating
there were payoffs? Got evidence that these alleged payoffs, if any,
amounted to billions?

If union dues were $100 a man/woman a month, 1000 workers would pay $1.2
million a year in dues. 10,000 workers would pay $12 million a year. 10
years of that would be $120 million.

And those dues dollars are accounted for, to the penny.

Next?

Look beyond the dues Harry. Graft and corruption are not limited to
union dues.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Please explain, Mr. Dumber than Dog****, how the big dig project put
"billions" in the pockets of labor unions and politicians. Be specific.

If I wanted to answer the questions of a mindless 4 year old, I would
call you on the phone. Do your own homework..

In other words, you made a bull**** claim. Again.

You are either stupid or blind.

SNERK HK General 20 January 17th 08 10:58 PM
~~snerk~~ Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 December 7th 07 07:52 PM
5th Florida Trip Report (much shorter, this time) Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 January 22nd 04 05:19 AM
Need Florida Sea Time Messing In Boats General 4 September 6th 03 09:57 PM
Need Florida Sea Time Messing In Boats Cruising 1 September 5th 03 04:23 PM