Messing In Boats

Default Need Florida Sea Time

I have a Masters Inland/Great Lakes USCG license with the towing
endorsement and want to upgrade it to include the Near Coastal OUPV
(six-Pac) endorsement. My understanding of the rules are that I will
need a total of 90 days in near-coastal waters in addition to another
test.

I plan to be in the West Palm Beach area in March and would like to get
another two weeks experience piloting something for this purpose.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I might accomplish this?

Russ Barron

As soon as you cross east of the jetties at Lake Worth Inlet you are in
near coastal waters. The same is true of most of the Florida coast. You
can also of course claim you time in the Bahamas. Keep a copy of your
cruising permit, when I applied for my license one of the few bits of
documentation the CG kept was my cruising permit copies.