Default It's snerk time in Florida...again.

I_am_Tosk wrote:

That's what I tried to tell Harry, but he just called me names

There is no subject on which I will consider or otherwise value your
opinion, little turd. Hell, man, I know more about unskilled labor jobs
in a warehouse than you do; I wasn't fired from the two warehouse jobs I
had as a teen-ager.

On Mar 11, 1:00*pm, Harryk wrote:
I_am_Tosk wrote:
That's what I tried to tell Harry, but he just called me names

There is no subject on which I will consider or otherwise value your
opinion, little turd. Hell, man, I know more about unskilled labor jobs
in a warehouse than you do; I wasn't fired from the two warehouse jobs I
had as a teen-ager.

hey Goober, the Yale board of trustee wants to talk to you!

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:17:24 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:52:36 -0800,
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:44:10 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:17:00 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

I hate to say it because I do love the state, but
Florida seems to elect one idiot after another for governor.

"Three weeks after Gov. Rick Scott put the brakes on high-speed rail,
the Florida Department of Transportation on Wednesday released a study
showing the line connecting Tampa to Orlando would have had a $10.2
million operating surplus in 2015, its first year of operation.

The study showed the line would have had a $28.6 million surplus in its
10th year."

I'd guess Governor Scott nixed the project because he couldn't figure
out a way to personally benefit from it.

That was based on the wild assertion that 3 million people would ride
on it. That is what the Acela gets, with 50 times the number of people
within 50 miles of the stations.

Don't know much about the project, but it seems like a bad time to cut
jobs.

There are other places you can employ people, doing something that is
not creating a black hole that swallows up money forever.

I wrote this before but if Tampa and Orlando really just want a
commuter rail line to take the load off of I-4 (where most of these
riders will really come from), tell us that is what you want and let
it stand on it's own merits. Then you don't need to build the other 50
miles out across cow country where I-4 is not that busy.
They still have not told us who really needs to get between downtown
Tampa and the Orlando airport. (where this would run)

In good economic times, I would agree that projects should "stand on
their own" financially and without gov't backing. But these are not
good times, and it seems to me that most anything that creates or
preserves jobs right now is better than continued unemployment and all
the attendant consequences.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

I hate to say it because I do love the state, but
Florida seems to elect one idiot after another for governor.

"Three weeks after Gov. Rick Scott put the brakes on high-speed rail,
the Florida Department of Transportation on Wednesday released a study
showing the line connecting Tampa to Orlando would have had a $10.2
million operating surplus in 2015, its first year of operation.

The study showed the line would have had a $28.6 million surplus in its
10th year."

I'd guess Governor Scott nixed the project because he couldn't figure
out a way to personally benefit from it.

That was based on the wild assertion that 3 million people would ride
on it. That is what the Acela gets, with 50 times the number of people
within 50 miles of the stations.

3 million was a low-ball..... Acela doesn't serve Mickey World....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/mar...-made-more-mo/

No, it goes to Boston, NYC, and DC... Three cities that all cater to
commuters and all three that bring in more tourists each than Micky
World does on a daily basis... Nobody goes into Tampa, to go to Tampa.
People go to Boston, NYC, and DC to see, Boston, NYC, and DC. It just
won't be worth the money and stolen property. The only ones to profit
will be labor unions, and GE... GEe, who'd a thunk? Pfffftttt

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

So what you are suggesting is the "shovel ready" jobs were not enough?
We don't need another "big dig" which only kept workers from working on
profitable and sustainable projects and put billions in the pockets of
the labor unions and politicians in and around Mass...

On 3/11/11 3:43 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Please explain, Mr. Dumber than Dog****, how the big dig project put
"billions" in the pockets of labor unions and politicians. Be specific.

On 3/11/11 4:13 PM, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That is easy Harry. All the work was done by union workers and most of
the political contributions to the democrats who pushed for this
boondoggle came from unions.
The big dig was supposed to cost 2.8 billion. It ended up costing
almost ten times that.
This is why Scott was leery of taking the money from DC then being on
the hook for the over runs and maintaining a losing train system
forever.

I'm sorry, but you haven't offered an explanation of how those
"billions" allegedly got into the pockets of the unions and politicians.
Certainly not from dues payments from union members. Are you insinuating
there were payoffs? Got evidence that these alleged payoffs, if any,
amounted to billions?

If union dues were $100 a man/woman a month, 1000 workers would pay $1.2
million a year in dues. 10,000 workers would pay $12 million a year. 10
years of that would be $120 million.

And those dues dollars are accounted for, to the penny.

Next?

wrote:

[...]

Is harold trying to say that union graft, corruption, and payoffs
don't exist?

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Restor...omic-Ignorance

What a "giggle".

~snerk~

SNERK HK General 20 January 17th 08 10:58 PM
~~snerk~~ Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 December 7th 07 07:52 PM
5th Florida Trip Report (much shorter, this time) Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 January 22nd 04 05:19 AM
Need Florida Sea Time Messing In Boats General 4 September 6th 03 09:57 PM
Need Florida Sea Time Messing In Boats Cruising 1 September 5th 03 04:23 PM