Banned

Location: Portugal
Send a message via ICQ to Breeviata
Default A Wonderful Bowl singularity: No cheerleaders destined for Packers or Steelers

Ditty of the league's paramount marketing tools – the sideline going to bed appeal of women wearing revealing outfits and performing enticing trip the light fantastic toe routines – inclination be on hiatus Sunday in Super Wheel XLV. Sunday's tournament featuring the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers is believed to be the pre-eminent Wonderful Bowl without cheerleaders since Super Bowls II, said NFL Films president Steve Sabol.

Alone six NFL franchises do not usability documented cheerleaders, including the Steelers and the Packers. The others: Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions and Modish York Giants.

CAPTIONBy Larry French, Getty Images

"We will sire a significant scheme – we don't for eye confectionery," laughed Steelers picket Trai Essex on Wednesday.

Teammate Antwaan Randle El, asked if he cared that there would be no dance squads, pronto replied, "Yeah, I care – I'm joyful they're not here.

"They are a distraction. You need to spotlight on the game. If you go on to look at the (superhuman on high screens), it's "Oh, my Earl!' First in Dallas. They not sole give birth to cheerleaders, they own go-go (-style dancers) hanging from poles" on concourse levels.

PHOTOS: NFL cheerleaders on the sidelines

Some fans, such as Washington, D.C. resident Martin Corboy, are dismayed. "Without cheerleaders, in ardently times like these, who will we arouse our eyes to?'' said Corboy, a Redskins fan who resolution attend the game.

"Who wouldn't fall short of to find out Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders -- right?'' said Robin Perlman, a ci-devant Cowboys cheerleader. "They would be in condition to perform at the drop of a hat ... or a pom-pon.''

Cowboys cheerleaders made multiple appearances this week at exposed and private functions, but they are "not scheduled to be portion of the football plot,'' said tandem join up spokesman Palatial Dalrymple. "We assume Steelers and Packers fans will have lots of 'cheerleaders' at the event (in the road of fans). They disposition be right-minded dressed differently."

Said Steelers defensive finish Brett Keisel, "I'm surprised that Jerry Jones didn't bruit about, 'If we're playing the encounter in Dallas, my cheerleaders are affluent to come out of the closet at halftime and pitch on a show.' "

But it is not Jones' call.

"It's a team broadcasting,'' said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello. "If the yoke has cheerleaders, they are with of the Wonderful Bowl."

Since the last 1980s, the Packers father deployed more modestly attired cheerleaders from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Norbert College. Officials from those schools were told that the cheerleaders were minimal to Lambeau Field. But the Packers did bring cheerleaders to Wonderful Bowls XXXI and XXXII, although they paid their own expenses.

At undivided previously, Pittsburgh used cheerleaders – the Steelerettes – but they were discontinued in 1970.

"They are both old organizations who dig to their guns as here as the cheerleading body goes,'' Keisel said. "I over it's aloof; peradventure the fans don't like it as much. We think the world of the deed data that the Rooneys are old-school and haven't changed their ways."

wonderful nom=de=plume[_2_] General 62 July 26th 10 02:29 AM
Wonderful Eisboch General 37 December 24th 08 07:02 PM
STEELERS WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scotty ASA 21 February 7th 06 11:01 PM
Patriots Steelers Bart Senior ASA 57 January 24th 05 06:29 PM