Default Propane

On 2/4/11 6:09 PM, BAR wrote:
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...
It's an energy product...one expects to get ripped off.

I'm still wondering why Weber suggested I *don't* have my 500 gallon
tank connected to my grill. It's probably a two hour plumber's call.

Virtually all manufacturers make such recommendations. It's mostly
nonsense and you could do it yourself.... Totally NOT rocket
science...

Uh, I'd prefer to pay a licensed plumber. Our propane dealer recommended
the plumber I've used previously. But I haven't decided whether to have
it done.

I sure hope he is a union plumber. I wouldn't want a scab stepping onto
your landlord's property.

Birther.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 2/4/11 5:04 PM, Gene wrote:
On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:53:56 -0500,
wrote:

On 2/4/11 4:48 PM, Gene wrote:
On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:08:23 -0500,
wrote:

On 2/4/11 4:04 PM, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:07:23 -0500, John
wrote:

These guys are very reasonable and convenient as hell. Just put the old bottle
on the front porch and they drop off the new.

For first timers, you can't beat the price.

But, you have to live where they're availabe.

http://www.propanetaxi.com/

They don't have prices. I can buy 33# for $18 and change..... are
they close?

Do you deliver?

Yes, that is a 33# tank (their tank& product) delivered..... think
there's a little markup in the Lowe's and Home Depot folks???

It's an energy product...one expects to get ripped off.

I'm still wondering why Weber suggested I *don't* have my 500 gallon
tank connected to my grill. It's probably a two hour plumber's call.

Virtually all manufacturers make such recommendations. It's mostly
nonsense and you could do it yourself.... Totally NOT rocket
science...

Uh, I'd prefer to pay a licensed plumber. Our propane dealer recommended
the plumber I've used previously. But I haven't decided whether to have
it done.

Told ya so! Harry can't do anything himself!
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 4, 4:04*pm, Gene wrote:

--
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are
enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
*http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Fort Agent 6.00 Build 1186

You're right, Gene. My brother has a nice grill hooked up to his 1000
gal heating tank., he never runs out of propane and always has
outstanding pressure. Did it all himself btw.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

These guys are very reasonable and convenient as hell. Just put the old bottle
on the front porch and they drop off the new.

For first timers, you can't beat the price.

But, you have to live where they're availabe.

http://www.propanetaxi.com/

They don't have prices. I can buy 33# for $18 and change..... are
they close?

Do you deliver?

Yes, that is a 33# tank (their tank& product) delivered..... think
there's a little markup in the Lowe's and Home Depot folks???

It's an energy product...one expects to get ripped off.

I'm still wondering why Weber suggested I *don't* have my 500 gallon
tank connected to my grill. It's probably a two hour plumber's call.

Virtually all manufacturers make such recommendations. It's mostly
nonsense and you could do it yourself.... Totally NOT rocket
science...

Some people could, Harry would have to call his engineer, contractor,
building code enforcement, and on and on.

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:04:07 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:07:23 -0500, John H
wrote:

These guys are very reasonable and convenient as hell. Just put the old bottle
on the front porch and they drop off the new.

For first timers, you can't beat the price.

But, you have to live where they're availabe.

http://www.propanetaxi.com/

They don't have prices. I can buy 33# for $18 and change..... are
they close?

For first timers, I got a full, new tank, 17lbs, for $10. But, I think they've
stopped that. Now it'll run me about $22 for a 17lb tank, but they drop it on my
front porch or back deck. I could get it somewhat cheaper, but I'd have to drive
somewhere to get it.

"Gene" wrote in message ...

wrote:

These guys are very reasonable and convenient as hell. Just put the old
bottle
on the front porch and they drop off the new.

For first timers, you can't beat the price.

But, you have to live where they're availabe.

http://www.propanetaxi.com/

They don't have prices. I can buy 33# for $18 and change..... are
they close?

For first timers, I got a full, new tank, 17lbs, for $10. But, I think
they've
stopped that. Now it'll run me about $22 for a 17lb tank, but they drop it
on my
front porch or back deck. I could get it somewhat cheaper, but I'd have to
drive
somewhere to get it.

Considering home delivery..... not bad!

--
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are
enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.
-Thomas Sowell

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Forté Agent 6.00 Build 1186

Reply:
Not bad for delivered. I have 4 tanks, and just wait until a couple are
empty and one is partially used. Put in the pickup and go get filled at the
bulk station. Have extras as when the government guy said we had to have a
different safety system on the tanks. Was going to cost $40 to get rid of
them at the dumps after I bought 2 new tanks. Buddy said they charge a
couple bucks extra at HD to trade in an old tank for a legal filled one.
Wal-mart was a buck cheaper. So now I rarely have a problem with empty
tanks.

wrote:

These guys are very reasonable and convenient as hell. Just put the old bottle
on the front porch and they drop off the new.

For first timers, you can't beat the price.

But, you have to live where they're availabe.

http://www.propanetaxi.com/

They don't have prices. I can buy 33# for $18 and change..... are
they close?

For first timers, I got a full, new tank, 17lbs, for $10. But, I think they've
stopped that. Now it'll run me about $22 for a 17lb tank, but they drop it on my
front porch or back deck. I could get it somewhat cheaper, but I'd have to drive
somewhere to get it.

That is really not bad. The campground here charges $18 and the other
place is about the same but they do fill the tank.

I get the tanks on the travel trailer topped off when necessary at campgrounds.
Not all campgrounds have the capability, but in the course of the year at least
two or three will be able to fill them.

wrote:
They don't have prices. I can buy 33# for $18 and change..... are
they close?

Empty tank is 18lbs. Add 15lbs of propane to get your 33 lbs.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 09:10:04 -0500, BAR wrote:

Empty tank is 18lbs. Add 15lbs of propane to get your 33 lbs.

Aren't the tanks called 20lb tanks because that is their capacity, the
amount of propane that they can be filled with. But, nobody every fills
them to rated capacity.

Supposedly for safety reasons.

Propane and propane accessories tom Cruising 6 November 1st 07 04:12 PM
Propane vs Alcohol Gordon Cruising 62 October 23rd 07 05:32 PM
Propane Profane? jlrogers±³© ASA 4 January 20th 07 03:48 AM
Propane refrigeration? Evan Gatehouse Boat Building 5 May 4th 05 03:24 AM