Butch Ammon

Default ...more photos of old 17' trihull

Hey there...

I just got that July 4th roll of film developed and scanned a few of the photos
from when we took my old 1975 Sea Star 17' trihull out on Lake Anna, VA.

Here's a nice shot of the lake nearby Lake Anna State Park (off to the right of
the photo) along with a boat pulling someone on a tube.
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/AnnaSP.jpg

Here's a view of the nuke plant on Lake Anna. Can't get too close, you know...
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Annanuke.jpg

Here's my wife and I at the boat, beached in our favorite cove for a bit of
swimming and catching some sun. My wife (in sunglasses) is in the boat getting
stuff out of the cooler. I'm the pudgy looking guy with the goofy grin outside
the boat.
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Ammonboat.jpg

Lastly, here I am at Highpoint Marina getting ready to retrieve the old boat.
My fishing buddy helps tow my boat for me and is lowering the tailer into the
water.
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/SeaStar-retrieve.jpg

Hope you all have a great time boating!

Butch Ammon
Don White

D'oh!
I spent the last two days tearing plaster, lathes, an early type of foil
backed gyproc, old kitchen cupboards etc
out of my kitchen so we can rewire and install new flooring, insulation,
gyproc and cupboards.
I really didn't want to do this right now after losing most of last summer
building the addition.
I held out and balked until the wife threatened to take half my pension.
I did some quick calculations and came to the conclusion it was cheaper to
obey.
Our skipper is stateside earning money to keep us afloat and we have full
use of his Mirage 33 at either club
we desire, our home club here in Halifax at the RNSYS or our summer club
down the coast.
Maybe in August. Glad someone is enjoying the water.

Butch Ammon wrote in message
Hope you all have a great time boating!

Butch Ammon

noah

On 13 Jul 2003 20:38:03 GMT, 123 (Butch Ammon) wrote:

[...]

It's great to see your pictures, Butch. I have an old
"seventies-something" 17' MFG I/O tri-hull in the yard that I haven't
used in a few years. You've "almost" inspired me to get out the
toolbox and see if the old gal can still purr.

Thanks.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats
N.L. Eckert

Butch wrote:
Here's my wife and I at the boat, beached in our favorite cove for a bit
of swimming and catching some sun. My wife (in sunglasses) is in the
boat getting stuff out of the cooler. I'm the pudgy looking guy with the
goofy grin outside the boat.
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Ammonboat.jpg
Nice pix , Butch, but you sure kept Mrs. Ammon out of sight. Most of
us guys would have rather a shot of her than the "pudgy guy". LOL
Norm