Default A man and his dog.

Separated at sea, man and dog make it back to South Florida beach
Sun Sentinel

POMPANO BEACH — David Land didn't tell his wife, Felicia, he was going
fishing Tuesday morning.

Instead, he summoned his usual fishing partner, Lucy, loaded up his
23-foot Ranger open fishing boat, and headed offshore to try his luck.

Lucy, a 2-year-old Jack Russell terrier, is the constant fishing
companion of the 45-year-old welder from Oakland Park. "I always take
her with me," Land said.

Though the wind was blowing from the southeast, creating rough
conditions and seas that got worse the farther out he went, Land was not
deterred. As the Ranger rolled with the waves, he said, "I sat down on
the side of the boat rigging my pole, and just as I got my knot tied, a
wave knocked me over."

Before he knew what was happening, he was in the water, and the waves
were so high, he couldn't see his boat — or Lucy. "I never even got a
lure in the water," Land said.

He was about a mile and a half out, near the lighthouse at the Hillsboro
Inlet. Land swam to a nearby buoy and climbed it to get a better vantage
point. From there he could see his boat drifting away, but not his
canine fishing partner.

With no other boats nearby, Land decided swimming ashore was his best
bet. The current and the waves worked with him and he was able to ease
into some body surfing as the water pushed him toward the beach.

Kaitlyn Stallings, 11, and her dad, Donald, vacationers from North
Carolina, saw the beached boat from the balcony of their hotel room.
They ran down to investigate and found the engine running and no one at
the helm.

Something small was wriggling in the stern.

"When I looked inside I saw the dog, and she was shivering and soaking
wet," Kaitlyn Stallings said. "She was acting like she wanted to jump
out of the back of the boat."

Lucy was so excited to leave the Ranger that she scratched the helpful
girl on the way out.

Meanwhile, Felicia Land got a call about her boat and her dog — but not
her husband — washing up on the beach.

"I was freaking out. I didn't know where David was," she said. She
rushed to the beach to find the boat bobbing in the surf and her husband
safely back on board.

"I guess he came swimming up," Felicia Land said.

Nearly in tears, she ran over to thankfully retrieve Lucy from her
rescuers.

Donald Stallings said when he first spotted David on the beach, "He was
more worried about his dog than anything."

Once safely on land, Lucy got to run down the beach chasing seagulls.

"It was a happy ending," Kaitlyn Stallings said.

On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

Separated at sea, man and dog make it back to South Florida beach
Sun Sentinel

POMPANO BEACH ? David Land didn't tell his wife, Felicia, he was going
fishing Tuesday morning.

Instead, he summoned his usual fishing partner, Lucy, loaded up his
23-foot Ranger open fishing boat, and headed offshore to try his luck.

Lucy, a 2-year-old Jack Russell terrier, is the constant fishing
companion of the 45-year-old welder from Oakland Park. "I always take
her with me," Land said.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...-man-dog-boat-
20100928_1_beached-boat-man-and-dog-fishing-tuesday-morning

Do you always post 3 month old articles? Now we know why you never post
the links. You don't want everyone to know you are posting old dated
information.

Yeah, what you think you think is really important to me...not.
Go **** up a rope.

On 12/23/10 5:50 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

PS - Go **** up a limp rope, you are not worth my time to even respond
to your stupid post.

In article ,
says...

On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

[...]

I am just glad that I could help out the group. And expose you as the
fraud you are, again.

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

[...]

Hey, I have never told a lie here. Did you ever hear about my father's
trip across the Atlantic ocean in November in a small outboard powered
boat?

On 12/24/10 9:07 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

[...]

Since you are not a boater, the only way you could help out the group is
to leave it and post your bull**** over at rec.palin.sucks.

In article ,
says...

On 12/24/10 9:07 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

[...]

You always turn mean, spiteful and vicious when you are proved to be a
fraud.

I have spent more time on the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River boating
and fishing than you could ever hope to do in what is left in your
pathetic life.

I doubt that with all of your boats you have been able to turn three
digits on an hour meter.

In article ,
says...

On 12/24/10 9:07 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

On 12/23/10 5:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

[...]

Another Snotty for the Harry ID spoofer. You could do the group good by
going to rec.Harry.sucks

"BAR" wrote in message . ..
I am just glad that I could help out the group. And expose you as the
fraud you are, again.

The closer we get to Christmas the more obnoxious he becomes. Let's bozo bin him for a couple of days and see what happens.

--
Ziggy®

Our new dog... John H[_12_] General 14 February 13th 10 03:53 PM
For the dog who has everything... Don White General 1 May 8th 09 05:47 PM
Dog off dink?? Stephen Trapani Cruising 23 July 19th 07 04:58 AM
The Right Dog jlrogers ASA 29 December 5th 05 07:32 PM
Dog River rick General 0 June 3rd 05 03:05 AM