Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Deck Project, continuing saga

HarryK wrote:
On 12/18/10 8:44 AM, Ziggy® wrote:
wrote in message
On 12/18/10 7:55 AM, Ziggy® wrote:
wrote in message
On 12/17/10 9:45 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On 12/17/10 8:46 PM, HarryK wrote:
On 12/17/10 6:23 PM, YukonBound wrote:

wrote in message

Well, not a bad day.

Got the rear doubled beam up, got the four posts that support
it up,
got the ledger board fastened properly to the house's
structure. I was
informed by my helper that the screws we used weren't
actually called
lag screws/bolts, but something else. They're galvanized, a
little
thinner, not tapered, with lots of wide threads, and are
about 4"
long. They are what are used instead of traditional lag
screws/bolts
for attaching the ledger board to house structure, and the
posts to
the beams. I'll have to find what what they are called. We've
got two
attached through the ledger board to structure every 16" O/C
now.

The beams are heavy. They were assembled from 2x10 lumber,
glued and
nailed to double them up.

The pressure treated lumber looks a little different than
what I had
expected, in that it is far less "green" in color than the
pressure
treated lumber I had messed with in the past. Apparently
there are
several formulas extant now for producing pressure treated
lumber, and
each renders the final product a different color. Different
lumber
yards sell pressure treated lumber from different vendors,
obviously.

I think I will consider building a traditionally planked wood
rowboat
next year, just for the hell of it, and maybe include sail
gear, too.

Can you invite Scotty down for a bit and teach him a thing or
three?

Ok, Don, here is a Snotty for you.

Another "Snotty" for the Harry spoofer.

Yup, right back to your old tricks.. Hopefully the spoofers have the
time to make you irrelevant again since you can't play nice...

Another "Snotty" for Scottie. I'm playing nice. I'm simply keeping
track
of how many "Snotty" comments your side makes here, Scott. At the
moment, you are tied with LG, three each.

This will be enlightening. My theory is that most of the snotty
comments
made in this newsgroup come from your side. So far, and it is
early, the
theory is correct.

I think your study is tainted by the fact that you ignore "your
side's" participation. Paul would be critical of your lack of
rational, scientific,unbiased,and comprehensive statistical analysis.

You are entitled to your thoughts. I am keeping an unofficial count on
"my side's" Snotty comments. So far, "your side" is way way ahead on
the
totaliser.

You'll note that I am not making any snotty comments. This, of course,
will have no impact on those on your side who do and still claim that
*my* comments are the reason they make snotty comments.

You're already earned two Snotties today for a couple of your comments.
Do you have any desire to stop making those sorts of posts about other
posters here? I'm only counting snotty remarks made about other active
posters here, not about those who do not post here.

You need to post your snotty rules in order to level the snotty
playing field. You seem quite protective of your team's scoring. Why
is that?
The fix is on. You've rigged the game to produce the result you desire.

The rules are simple. If you make an insulting comment about another
poster here, you get a snotty. There are no other rules except for the
Harry ID spoofer, whose every post earns him a Snotty because he is ID
spoofing and that is intrinsically an insult.

If you don't make insulting comments about other posters here, you
don't get snotties.

Simple.

Who's rules? Yours? You are a documented liar.