Tim Tim is offline

Default Today- "A day that will live in infamy." -FDR, December 7, 1941

While bypassing the bickering, I thought I'd post a reminder of one of
the most solemn days in U.S History, via the attack on Pearl harbor
and the sinking of the crippling of the Pacific fleet.

Remembering the day.

"Tim" wrote in message ...
While bypassing the bickering, I thought I'd post a reminder of one of
the most solemn days in U.S History, via the attack on Pearl harbor
and the sinking of the crippling of the Pacific fleet.

Remembering the day.

The bing search engine used an aerial shot of the memorial as wallpaper today. Also they had links to some historic newsreels. Quite sobering, really.

--
Ziggy®
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 7, 6:55*pm, Ziggy® wrote:
"Tim" wrote in ...
While bypassing the bickering, I thought I'd post a reminder of one of
the most solemn days in U.S History, via the attack on Pearl harbor
and the sinking of the crippling of the Pacific fleet.

Remembering the day.

The bing search engine used an aerial shot of the memorial as wallpaper today. Also they had links to some historic newsreels. Quite sobering, really.

--
Ziggy®

Yes indeed. In our local courthouse is a picture of a young marine
who went down on the Arizona.

Tim Tim is offline

This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

On 12/8/10 6:34 AM, Paul@BYC wrote:
On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

Since you made this post, make that 201 snotty posts. Congratulations.

"Paul@BYC" wrote in message ...
On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

At least the post you responded to was not snotty. Boo!

--
Ziggy®

wrote in message news
On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:53:41 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

Personally I prefer celebrating the Battle of Midway. That was when we
started sinking their boats. (First week of June)

I do appreciate that we have changed the flag etiquette for 12/7
Now we start at half mast in the morning and at noon you run it to the
top of the pole.

Reply:
Yup. Couple of years ago we were at the local VA hospital with valentine
cards and one guy is a riot. Gets to telling us about doing photo recon in
the South Pacific and is getting ready to go fly and the local commander
tells him they are loading him with bombs, no recon today. Go bomb the
Japanese at Midway. Some great story were told. No bragging, just telling
how life was as a young man in the Aircorp.

December 7th 1941 Joe ASA 0 December 7th 08 04:09 PM
"Short-Ships: 1941 USS Marlin.jpg 199367 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Tall Ship Photos 0 March 31st 08 05:55 PM
"Short-Ships: 1941 USS Mackeral a.jpg 55525 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Tall Ship Photos 0 March 31st 08 05:55 PM
December 7th 1941 Joe ASA 59 December 9th 06 07:47 PM
Heres NOAA's live "eye view" of Wilma chewing on Florida... [email protected] General 7 October 25th 05 01:40 PM