Default Today- "A day that will live in infamy." -FDR, December 7, 1941

On Dec 8, 9:17*am, HarryK wrote:
On 12/8/10 8:34 AM, John H wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:06:04 -0500, *wrote:

On 12/8/10 6:34 AM, Paul@BYC wrote:
On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

Since you made this post, make that 201 snotty posts. * Congratulations.

Amen.

Your boy is spoofin' away this morning, John. Your boy because he is on
your side of the political fence, eh?

202 snotty posts.

"Paul@BYC" wrote in message ...
On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

At least the post you responded to was not snotty. Boo!

--
Ziggy®

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

Since you made this post, make that 201 snotty posts. Congratulations.

Amen.

Your boy is spoofin' away this morning, John. Your boy because he is on
your side of the political fence, eh?

I wondered how long it would take you to start your political bull****.

On 12/8/10 11:21 AM, Hairy Scab wrote:
In , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
This is not only a historic day for the United States, but also
involved our Navy, and it's ships. Really big boats.

I had to sort through about 200 posts this morning to find this post,
which is at least sort of boating related and not snotty. Congratulations!

Since you made this post, make that 201 snotty posts. Congratulations.

Amen.

Your boy is spoofin' away this morning, John. Your boy because he is on
your side of the political fence, eh?

I wondered how long it would take you to start your political bull****.

I am the only person in rec.boats who is not involved in political or
inflammatory post. The righties are doing their best to destroy
rec.boats. I am doing everything I can to encourage boating topics and
stay away from political and religious topics. As far as I am
concerned 99% of those who post in rec.boats are assholes and I have no
desire to communicate with them, which is why I ignore them and their posts.

On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Spoofer alert.

I will continue to communicate with whomever I want to, and I do not
ignore them or their posts. When necessary, I call it as I see it.

In article ,
says...

On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Yep, and you see it as EVERYTHING is a right versus left thing, eh?

On 12/8/2010 12:43 PM, Hairy Scab wrote:
In articleYKednX9OKdCLKmLRnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

On 12/7/2010 9:53 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

You feeble minded righties have a myopic view of the world. Go get a
liberal arts education and then check back.
mmc mmc is offline

"Tim" wrote in message

While bypassing the bickering, I thought I'd post a reminder of one of
the most solemn days in U.S History, via the attack on Pearl harbor
and the sinking of the crippling of the Pacific fleet.

Remembering the day.

-------

My wife's grandfather was on the Arizona when it went down. He was topside
and survived the attack. We always tip a glass to the old sailor and his
shipmates on 7 December.

On 12/8/10 1:23 PM, MMC wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

While bypassing the bickering, I thought I'd post a reminder of one of
the most solemn days in U.S History, via the attack on Pearl harbor
and the sinking of the crippling of the Pacific fleet.

Remembering the day.

-------

My wife's grandfather was on the Arizona when it went down. He was
topside and survived the attack. We always tip a glass to the old sailor
and his shipmates on 7 December.

It's good to remember the people, especially relatives and friends, who
were involved in the great events of their day. I lost two uncles during
WW II that I never met. My parents (each lost a brother) and
grandparents talked some about their war dead and there were a few old
photos, but that's all there was.

I presume your wife got to know her grandfather after the war.

My father and his older brother, both of whom had been working for their
uncle during the Depression, started up a part-time small machine shop
in New Haven just before the war, and were subcontractors to several
Waterbury-based brass companies during the war, which kept both of them
out of it. I think they worked the shop on the weekends. I don't have
real details, but my father and uncle were involved in the relatively
low-tech production aspects of "experimental" shell casings for the
Watervliet Arsenal up near Albany, NY. They apparently were pretty good
at it, since they received numerous awards for their work.
Not bad for a couple of liberal arts graduates of a Pennsylvania college!

After the war, my dad went into the boat, motorcycle and motor scooter
business. The uncle opened an appliance store in Massachusetts, but sold
it after a decade to go into the manufacture and sale of outdoor
sporting and camping gear and clothing.

These were the opportunities of first-generation Americans.

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:32:53 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article 4486b8e5-bd03-42b1-b431-
, says...

Remembering the day.

My dad was there a child of 5 along with his sister watching the planes.
His one vivid memory of that day is the face of one Japanese pilot he
saw. Also, my grand-fathers ship the USS Shaw, the famous explosion
picture, was there and my grand-mother took most of the photos in the
hours and days after that were used by the media and the government.

BAR, my wife was also a witness to the attack that day. But unlike
your dad, my wife's father didn't waste anytime and hustled all the
little ones (there were 5 of them) into his bomb shelter (yes, he
built a bomb shelter in the backyard - I guess he was way ahead of his
time)
All she remembers are the planes in the sky and the sound of
explosions. She was 5yrs 3mo old.
I have read of old timers, mostly servicemen tell about seeing the
Japanese pilots in their planes. That might be true, but I doubt if a
five-year old civilian saw the same thing. Betcha your dad kinda
embellished his recount of that day. Many old timers tend to do this.
My father-in-law later helped in the raising of some of the sunken
American ships. He was a welder and worked at PH for the duration of
the war. Right after the war he moved his family to Omao, Kauai where
he built many homes. He retired after working 20 years with the state
of Hawaii.

Eddie

December 7th 1941 Joe ASA 0 December 7th 08 04:09 PM
"Short-Ships: 1941 USS Marlin.jpg 199367 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Tall Ship Photos 0 March 31st 08 05:55 PM
"Short-Ships: 1941 USS Mackeral a.jpg 55525 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Tall Ship Photos 0 March 31st 08 05:55 PM
December 7th 1941 Joe ASA 59 December 9th 06 07:47 PM
Heres NOAA's live "eye view" of Wilma chewing on Florida... [email protected] General 7 October 25th 05 01:40 PM