posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default December 7th 1941

Never Forget!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:

Never Forget!

Joe

"A day that will live in infamy!"

Too bad you weren't there Joe, I could see you behind a quad .50 blazing
away at Zeroes!

Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Martin Baxter wrote:
Joe wrote:

Never Forget!

Joe

"A day that will live in infamy!"

Too bad you weren't there Joe, I could see you behind a quad .50 blazing
away at Zeroes!

Until the barrels melted off. Rather have been on a pair of Pom Pom's.

Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry;
We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll out the TNT (BOOM!), Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray!

Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.
Farewell to college joys, we sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.
Through our last night on shore, drink to the foam,
Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home.

Listen to Anchors Aweigh:

http://www.navychief.com/soundfiles/anchorsawy.wav

Joe

Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote ...
Never Forget!

Joe

What is it? Katy's birthday?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thank you Joe!!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/GOODNITE

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Thank you Joe!!

Hey Ol Thom,

No..Thank You. You and yours were the one that kick the Japs asses
back to Tokyo.

Where were you Dec 7th 1941?
When did you first hear of the attack?

Joe

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/GOODNITE

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"Joe" wrote ...

Never Forget!

Joe

What is it? Katy's birthday?

Cheers,
Ellen

I'm a Gemini...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

I was at the bowling alleys with my Dad & Uncle.

We were told about when we dropped my Uncle at his home,

I was in the Eight Grade. When I enrolled in High School I was given
permission to double up on certain subjects so I could graduate in 31/2
years. That let me graduate before I was 17 years of age.

17 was the age necessary to volunteer, with parents permission. That's
what I did,

I volunteered in the Navy for a "Minority Cruise" was what they called
it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
I was at the bowling alleys with my Dad & Uncle.

We were told about when we dropped my Uncle at his home,

I was in the Eight Grade. When I enrolled in High School I was given
permission to double up on certain subjects so I could graduate in 31/2
years. That let me graduate before I was 17 years of age.

17 was the age necessary to volunteer, with parents permission. That's
what I did,

I volunteered in the Navy for a "Minority Cruise" was what they called
it.

I've never heard of a Minority cruise. Can not find much on the
internet about them.

The other reference was a 17 YO as well. Whats the deal?

Were minority cruises kept behind lines or what?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe,

You have to remember, back in the Forties, we couldn't vote until we
were 21. We were still Minors. We were taken into the reserves for the
duration or until we were 21; which ever came first. Then we had to
re-up:--- Regulars or reserves.

Once we were in we were assigned duties like anyone else.

Partiosims Lady Pilot ASA 11 December 28th 05 02:44 PM
For you in the snow Bill McKee General 12 December 28th 05 04:07 AM
Bill Moyers on environment, politics and Christian fundamentalists [email protected] General 1852 April 5th 05 11:17 PM
Kerry really concedes Gould 0738 General 89 November 22nd 04 02:09 PM
December Great Lakes Cruiser [email protected] General 0 November 30th 03 08:38 PM