Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default It's October - and Another Suisun Bay Sturgeon!

October is finally here so I headed out for my first sturgeon trip of
the season. I hooked the boat to the coach and headed for Delta
Marina. I spent three days fishing; Monday at Decker Island, and
Tuesday and Wednesday at my honey hole on Suisun Bay.

I struck out, but my fishing buddy John reeled in a nice one on Suisun
on Tuesday. It was a good fighting 48"er that we released, probably a
male. He fell for John's lamprey eel. He was caught on an incoming
tide. The weather that day was perfect - in fact a bit too much sun
for sitting and waiting on a sturgeon. The water was like a mirror
much of the time.

Wednesday my friend Willie joined me at The Striper Cafe for breakfast
before we headed down to Suisun again. We hammered our way across
Suisun Bay with the wind blowing and the bay very lumpy. But when the
current changed to incoming, the water settled down to a tolerable
chop. We tried for several hours, till slack water, but couldn't fool
any fish. We headed back to Rio Vista and the water was much calmer
than that morning hammering.

Photos and videos on my homepage: http://fishwisher.wordpress.com/

It was a grand three days on the delta. I'm looking forward to the
next trip...

Suisun Bay Sturgeon (Calif Delta) FishWisher General 2 March 18th 10 01:11 AM
Suisun Bay Sturgeon! FishWisher[_2_] General 5 October 10th 09 07:40 PM
Two more Suisun Bay Sturgeon! (An actual boating thread!) FishWisher General 11 May 4th 09 03:27 PM
Sturgeon! FishWisher General 4 November 24th 05 02:18 PM
Sturgeon! FishWisher General 25 February 15th 05 05:04 PM