Clams Canino

Default 1994 Mercury maribner Question

They usually rate in terms of Max RPM, minus the "sustained" word.

Most of the Merc V-6's are about 5200 or a little more - Max RPM. You *can*
run an outboard "sustained" at max RPM rating. But, they'll last a while
longer if you instead find a nice "cruising RPM" where the motor just "feels
happy". For a Merc that usually around 3800 - 4300 or so.

You'll save a lot of gas too.

-W

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
What is the max sustained RPM for a 1994 200HP injected Mercury Mariner.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Clams Canino

If you make 6000 - you might be a little underpropped - unless your hole
shot is important to you.

My inline pulls good to 6000 - but I cruise it at 4200 - and run any
"sustained" WOT at 5500 max.

I did do about 3 minutes at 6000 recently.... a bunch of kids in some new IO
hotboat tried to run me. They finally pulled ahead - but *very* slowly. I
wouln't have done it except that I could see that with 5 "kewl dewds" in the
boat - they had too much weight. Next time they see an old inline - they'll
remember me.

[...]

Bob La Londe

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
t...
If you make 6000 - you might be a little underpropped - unless your hole
shot is important to you.

Probably. Its also a 5 blade prop. It literally comes out of the water
instantly if I trim down. Even trimmed up with the jack plate all the way
up it comes out of the hole just fine.

My inline pulls good to 6000 - but I cruise it at 4200 - and run any
"sustained" WOT at 5500 max.

I did do about 3 minutes at 6000 recently.... a bunch of kids in some new

IO
hotboat tried to run me. They finally pulled ahead - but *very* slowly. I
wouln't have done it except that I could see that with 5 "kewl dewds" in

the
boat - they had too much weight. Next time they see an old inline -

they'll
remember me.

I did a little of that a few weeks ago running solo up river. Some guy with
a hug cat/tunnel went by me and sprayed me with his twin rooster tails. I
opened it up and he started porpoising really bad when he hit the throttle.
I shot by him like he was sitting still.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az