Default Squirrel meteorites

Back again to ask if anybody might shed some light on this. Standing
on my deck last night when THUD, a baby squirrel hits the decking from
a nest about 45' above, looked dead. Suddenly, THUD, THUD, two more
hit. Holy Crap, it's raining tree rat babies. All three are dead
still. Then THUD, THUD two more hit. I see movement in the nest
above but cannot see whats happening. I notice the babies are
amazingly still alive and are blinking so I gather up all 4 cats and
two dogs and put em inside. After a couple minutes, the final two get
to their feet and run down off the deck. After about 10 minutes, the
first three begin to move. One keeps looking at my daughter and then
runs to her and up her arm.
In the next hour, the final two that were less stunned go somewhere, I
think the mother may have rescued them. The three that were more
stunned we put in a box with a towel where they fell asleep. This
morning, we took em to wildlife rescue.
So, what would cause this rain of squirrel babies? Mass suicide? A
crazed squirrel mother? Maybe a snake got up there and they all
jumped out of fear?

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

Did you remove your shoes when you were standing under them?

On Sep 10, 10:34*am, Secular Humanist wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

Don, little buddy. Your replies are getting dumber with every post.

Am no fan of squirrels, they eat all my pecans and make the dogs
crazy. However, my 14 yr old daughter saying "Awwww, they're so cute
all sleeping" means they cannot be cat food or prey for the hawks.
I've seen squirrels fall from extreme heights before and they seem to
be able to get back up a few minutes later and run off. These little
guys hit hard, serious THUD right onto the hard deck, like falling
beanbags.

In article 1f8f5908-8da4-4153-ba0a-
,
says...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

I think the mom's just chuck 'em when they are ready to leave the
nest... She probably didn't understand the concept of the hard "forest
floor" she was pushing them out onto... Lot's of tree dwelling
creatures do this to their young when it's time...

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

On 9/10/10 11:34 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In article1f8f5908-8da4-4153-ba0a-
,
says...

On Sep 10, 10:34 am, Secular wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote in message
[...]

Is this what your mom did to you? Did you land on your head?

YukonBound wrote:

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

Sure, that's it, dummy.

On 9/10/10 10:08 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

A larger predator, like a bobcat?

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

Obama of course. Oh wait, Pelosi and Reid... they teamed up.

On Sep 10, 10:08*am, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

Ya, they accidentally climbed into Skunk Ingersolls hair, realized
where they were, and tried to commit suicide !!!