Default the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On 10-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

That would make sense to anyone that couldn't pass a breatylizer.

IOW you think the idea of middle class hasnt changed in 100 years.

The middle class is 20% the size it was in 1990. That won't change, unless
you were willing to participate.

On 9/11/10 1:06 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Harry ?" wrote in message
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:19:45 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute!" wrote in
message

On Sep 10, 3:44 pm, "Harry ?" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:06:24 -0700, jps
wrote:

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that
never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new
American
car. Why? Quality. The 23 year old car rides, drives better
despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American
boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a
higher
price. They aren't offered anymore because cheap ****
imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

You just said two different things.

He just loves his German screw drivers. I wonder if there are any
quality
American toolmakers left?- Hide quoted text -

It is difficult to find a lot of items of any quality anymore,
even if
you spend the dollars. From clothes, to services, to restraunts...
Nobody cares enough about quality to build it, and our (Americans)
interest in it went out the window decades ago...

Whoops... wholesale inventories rise - seven months in a row. It
must
be
Obama's fault!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127901911

Retail ain't buying.

You didn't even read the article. Inventories are up. Buying is
sluggish,
but the seven month rise in inventories is a very good sign, as
much as
you'd like to think otherwise.

Huh?
I was curious about your first comment on this but rising inventories
is not a good thing. That is "built and unsold".

They have more product on the shelf gathering dust than they can sell.
It means they are ready to shut down the line.

Well, you'd be wrong. Manufacturers don't make more of something
without the
likelihood the somethings are going to sell. If you had read the
article,
you would have read that they're right where they should be. Rising
inventories are a good thing.

I wish for you an ever rising inventory, you dip****.

I wish for you a brain.

That's why he ID spoofs...he wants to pin his stupidity on someone else.

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:28:55 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:41:59 -0400, Secular Humanist
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:58:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Is it because blue states are just more packed with more natural and
business resources or is it that blue citizens have made 'em that
way?

Interesting question.
It has to be pointed out that the greatest income disparity is in
the
biggest cities so there is not going to be one answer.
Another interesting thing is the two richest Americans (Gates and
Buffett) do not live in a big city.

Gates' house is near Seattle.
Buffet lives outside of Omaha.

You expect them to live in the inner city?

'Near' and 'in' are two entirely different things.

Seattle and Omaha are not really big cities in the DC/NYC/Chicago
sense.

So, I guess Bloomberg isn't rich. Seems to me that you enjoy
cherry-picking
your facts.

Talk about cherry picking. You had to get down to number 23 to find a
billionaire who lives in one of the cities I mentioned according to
Forbes. There are three Waltons in Little Rock who have more money
than Bloomburg. More than half don't even live in the US.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/...ires_Rank.html

So, suddenly the cities you mention are the important ones? Hardly. I guess
Silicon Valley isn't important because it isn't a city. And, there are
plenty of other places like that.

Keep fishing!

You are out of your mind

wrote:

news:H8Sdna6mQrX7KxfRnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@earthli nk.com...

wrote:

[...]

Likewise

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message ...

wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Not if they are not moving. Perhaps you should have taken some
business courses, or run a lemonade stand. Rising inventory means
supply exceeds demand.

So, you're claiming that manufacturers are just stupid? Why do you think
they would keep making things if there was no hope of selling what they
make. Do you not understand that there's sometimes a lag in making and
selling?

Feel free to start with insults. I've got an MBA and I've run a lemonade
stand. What have you got?

You have a Mighty Big Ass. Nothing special about that.

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:19:45 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

[...]

Is that why you are afraid to use your own name?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:13:49 GMT, "Colonel Kurtz"
wrote:

On 10-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

That would make sense to anyone that couldn't pass a breatylizer.

IOW you think the idea of middle class hasnt changed in 100 years.

The middle class is 20% the size it was in 1990. That won't change, unless
you were willing to participate.

i do participate. i helped defeat john mccain and sarah 'had me the
launch codes' palin

wrote:

[...]

You don't have to wish. I have one. You don't. At least not a functional
brain.

wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:08:45 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

[...]

Some basic understanding of business. You don't even realize the
article you linked was a negative assessment of the industry.
I don't think you actually read the stuff you post. You certainly
don't seem to understand what they are saying. You had the tax rebate
thing totally wrong and now you are wrong about the thrust of the
inventory article you linked.
When some people screwed up and built more than they could sell that
signals bad times are coming not good times. If the warehouse if full
and nothing is moving, they shut down the line. Supply has exceeded
demand.
That should have been day one of your MBA school.

Nope. You're just wrong. Let's take your implied insult about a lemonade
stand. Do you think it would be a JIT business model? According to you, if
someone drives up, I would immediately build the stand, grow the lemons,
harvest the sugar, form the pitcher, glasses, and spoon (stirrer), then
before they can actually drive away, post the sign with the price, make sure
change is available, consider whether or not to accept foreign currency, be
prepared to negotiate prices, etc., etc.

I guess you missed this little item in the article:

"Businesses restocking depleted store shelves has been a major driver of the
economy since late last year and the strong gain seen in July should help
alleviate fears that the country could be in danger of slipping into another
recession."

wrote:

[...]

What about your statement, "You didn't even read the article. Inventories are up. Buying is sluggish".

What do you suppose is making the buying sluggish?

how the rich have screwed the middle class bpuharic General 0 April 15th 10 11:16 AM
rich get richer in recession wf3h General 14 October 3rd 09 03:48 AM
rich getting richer? wf3h General 13 August 23rd 09 06:16 PM
Speaking of boats for the middle class. Tim General 54 December 2nd 07 03:23 PM
Boats for the middle class..... Chuck Gould General 67 December 1st 07 10:36 PM