Default the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute!" wrote in message
On Sep 10, 3:44 pm, "Harry ?" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:06:24 -0700, jps wrote:

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new American
car. Why? Quality. The 23 year old car rides, drives better despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a higher
price. They aren't offered anymore because cheap **** imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

You just said two different things.

He just loves his German screw drivers. I wonder if there are any quality
American toolmakers left?- Hide quoted text -

It is difficult to find a lot of items of any quality anymore, even if
you spend the dollars. From clothes, to services, to restraunts...
Nobody cares enough about quality to build it, and our (Americans)
interest in it went out the window decades ago...

Whoops... wholesale inventories rise - seven months in a row. It must be
Obama's fault!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=127901911

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:51:40 GMT, "Colonel Kurtz"
wrote:

On 8-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

How can a middle class be poor and getting poorer? If they're poor, they're
not the
middle class" unless the "new middle class" are the schlubs in the
"new service economy" desperately hanging onto their walkers just inside the
door at Walmart.

?? uh...if you define the middle class as the middle 70% or so of wage
earners, then they can, by all means, be poor AND getting poorer
compared to their own history.

you seem to have a thing about wal mart, not realizing that people
shop there BECAUSE that's in lieu of a pay in crease that right
wingers have denied middle class workers

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:14:55 GMT, "Colonel Kurtz"
wrote:

On 10-Sep-2010, "Colonel Kurtz" wrote:

On 8-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

How can a middle class be poor and getting poorer? If they're poor,
they're
not the
middle class" unless the "new middle class" are the schlubs in the
"new service economy" desperately hanging onto their walkers just inside
the
door at Walmart.

Thought you should have an update - the jackass in the White House just
announced an intent to grant tax breaks for the evil "rich

actually for small businesses...quite a different thing

On 10-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

the
door at Walmart.

Thought you should have an update - the jackass in the White House just
announced an intent to grant tax breaks for the evil "rich

actually for small businesses...quite a different thing

You missed the asshole's point - it's to businesses - the people you losers
blame for your lack of a decent income. It is good for him to do, however,
investment for R & D will develop new tool designs and processes so the
products can be produced economically overseas. He (President Dip****) was
just pandering to the few companies left in the United States.

What the dumb ******* SHOULD do is invite owners and CEO's of every industry
that had to flee the U.S. to the White House and ask them what is needed for
them to produce in the U.S. That won't happen as long as he gets votes for
sending your money to people for studying the sexual proclivities of
earthworms, while pandering to the lazy masses that the evil "corporations"
are their enemy.

You can't cure stupid, and it reproduces rapidly.

On 10-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

door at Walmart.

?? uh...if you define the middle class as the middle 70% or so of wage
earners, then they can, by all means, be poor AND getting poorer
compared to their own history.

That would make sense to anyone that couldn't pass a breatylizer.

you seem to have a thing about wal mart, not realizing that people
shop there BECAUSE that's in lieu of a pay in crease that right
wingers have denied middle class workers

They pay 2 to 3 times as much than if they bought a product that would last
more than a couple weeks. Based on your "theory," the "poor" are making
themselves poorer. I also know from personal experience that Walmart tells
their suppliers to produce outside the United States, or they'll go
elsewhere - has been the policy for 15 years.

All the foreign crap you buy is not from Walmart - all retail marketing
companies sell everything foreign - being the biggest, they're (Walmart) is
just symbolic of the greater problem. That will never be understood by the
waddling masses.

What's so difficult to comprehend about sending the majority of your wages
overseas or to the government with the result of being unemployed?

On 9/10/2010 5:42 PM, Colonel Kurtz wrote:
On 10-Sep-2010, wrote:

[...]

Ronald McDonald must be holding seminars.
Business/Banking created the situation we are in or more correctly the
partnership of business/government of Globalism.
The dollar is worth about 7 cents in 1970 terms.
There is no equity in contracts. Their goal of depressing Americans
economy to bring us to parity with the third world is fast approaching.

In article ,
says...

[...]

But, but, but... Over the years I wanted to buy quality hard product...
They just were not available. I think Greg was on to something with us
buying well made stuff from overseas (Japan) in the past and then it
being replaced by crap made in China which no matter how much you do or
don't pay, is just crap...

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

"Colonel Kurtz" wrote in message

[...]

Wow. You sure are angry with the US. Are you Taliban?

jps jps is offline

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:48:11 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:06:24 -0700, jps wrote:

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new American
car. Why? Quality. The 23 year old car rides, drives better despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a higher
price. They aren't offered anymore because cheap **** imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

You just said two different things.

Okay, pick one.

My point is that I'd much rather purchase a quality built item built
by an American firm in America, even at a higher price.

I think that's doing one's part without being a sucker.

I certainly lean toward protectionism given the current state of
things. Money that floats in China, cheap offshore labor that
replaces American workers and wages, American industry having to
compete with inferior quality goods that are poorly engineered, built
to last 10 minutes and sold cheap to the stupid suckers who cannot
fathom that by participating in this downward spiral that they're
ensuring their kids will grow up in a third world country.

Walmart is anti-American.

how the rich have screwed the middle class bpuharic General 0 April 15th 10 11:16 AM
rich get richer in recession wf3h General 14 October 3rd 09 03:48 AM
rich getting richer? wf3h General 13 August 23rd 09 06:16 PM
Speaking of boats for the middle class. Tim General 54 December 2nd 07 03:23 PM
Boats for the middle class..... Chuck Gould General 67 December 1st 07 10:36 PM