Default Actual boating post.

Just got back from a 3 week trip to Vancouver Island and to Vancouver.
Towed the boat. One reason I like a trailer boat, is I can go where I want
to at 60-70 mph. 3 hard days of driving via Port Angeles to Telegraph Cove,
BC. http://www.telegraphcoveresort.com/ For some fishing and sightseeing.
Saw Minke whales, Dall's Porpoises, bald eagles. The Eagles would go after
fish I released. Slow salmon fishing, only kept a couple rockcod for fish
tacos, and the halibut was tiny. About 22" so released to grow bigger.
Then down to Salmon Point Resort in Campbell River. Salmon and ling cod
were the catches. Pink salmon, which are small. took another camper and
his 5 y.o grandson out one day. Kid hooked 2 salmon, but both got off. I
landed one pink that that day. Kid was very happy as well as his grandpa.
They enjoyed the 1/2 the salmon I sent with them. We then went to China
Creek out of Port Albernie. No salmon harmed by me. The seiners had come
in 2 days before and wrapped 400,000 Sockeye salmon. Which reduces the
chance of catching a sockeye as well as putting the other fish off the bite.
Truck and boat and trailer were filthy from the road to China Creek. 10
miles of active logging gravel road. Then a $203 Canadian ferry ride, 46'
of truck and trailer, from Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay and stayed in
motel in Vancouver and took in the PNE, Pacific National Exposition's 100
year. Kevin Cosner and his band played. I think Cosner's guitar is not
plugged in. Rarely changes the fingering on the frets. But good show.
Then a few days coming home, with a stop at Lake Shasta to flush all the
road dirt and the salt from the boat. 111 degrees, at Redding, CA. Home to
unpack. Do not want to figure out what the fish cost per pound. $600-700?
Came back to California to see the Highway Patrol doing their part to
balance the budget. Saw more tickets being given within 40 miles of the
border than I saw in the other 2400 miles of the trip. Weather was really
nice the whole trip. Windy on 2 days on the water, and the day at the PNE
was a 60% chance of rain, and did not rain until we were almost back to
North Vancouver on the bus. Did notice that there is just as big a
percentage of fat people in BC as there is in the states. All I met were
very nice. Active logging road, lots of bad highway, and get a cracked
windshield 60 miles from home on a newly paved section of I-80. Windshild
is only about 3 months old after last breakage.

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:50:51 -0700, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a great trip and that is some beautiful country up there.

Any pictures?

wrote:

[...]

Yup, will have to get around to posting on Snapfish in a couple days.

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a great trip, even though the fish were expensive.

Nice post.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.