Default An actual boat related post: Camanche Lake trout fishing!

I trolled Lake Camanche (in the foothills near Stockton, CA) on
Thursday from 0900 to about 1600. A fighting mad two pounder took my
Rapala Firetiger at 20' near Big Hat Island during the first hour to
get my day started off right. He took several good runs from the boat
before winding up in the net. I trolled six more hours for three more
fish - and couldn't buy that limit fish. (Five trout is a limit.)

The day was breezy but warm and sunny. The afternoon grew just plain
windy and single-handed trolling became a chore. One other fisherman
was trolling nearby with his buddy and proudly showed me their eight
pounder and about a five pounder. They said the big ones hit much
earlier in the morning. The fella is leading in the current trout
derby now taking place on Camanche through May 24.

Perhaps the wind will lie down next week and I can get out to Suisun
Bay for some more sturgeon fishing. #$%^@!! wind!!

Photos of the 8 pounder and more on my homepage www.FishWisher.com.

Dale

On Fri, 15 May 2009 07:41:28 -0700 (PDT), FishWisher
wrote:

[...]

Nice shots. Keep 'em coming, Dale.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

--Vic

wrote:
[...]

Thanks Vic - hopefully next week it will be sturgeon. If only the wind
would stop blowing on the delta I could get out to fish the pretty
fair tides Wed or Thurs. This time of year the summer wind pattern out
there is constant, I guess due to the hot valley vs the marine air of
the ocean.

Dale