Default Little Aid Forthcoming for Pakistan?

In article ,
says...

"TopBassDog" wrote in message
On Aug 24, 2:20 am, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:38:12 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:42:16 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

The Russians and Chinese are not much of a military threat, I doubt
they ever were. The problem with China is the economic threat. They
hold enough of our money to crush us.

True, but they would crush themselves even worse.

It would certainly be less damaging to them than a war and we seem to
be spending $790 billion on defending from that.

I don't think we're spending $790B defending against China. It's a bit
more
complicated than that.

It is still far too much money. We are spending 100 billion dollars a
year in a country with a GDP of $27 billion trying to kill 40 guys.
How does that make any sense?
Bob likes to complain about Iraq but at least we toppled a dictator
who threatened Israel. I am not sure we have done anything in
Afghanistan but create more terrorists and destabilize Pakistan.

There's no way to equate the two situations. We spent $1+ trillion and
counting in Iraq. One is a war, the other is just a waste of money.

Indeed, D'Plume. A waste of money, just like the stimulus package.

Indeed, you are a moron.

There we go! Do you know any other words besides "moron"? One thing,
like me, anybody that disagrees with you gets called names and insulted.

wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:38:12 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Nope. There's no other accurate word for someone like you. You're a moron.

wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:03:27 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

I'd say that we need to give diplomacy a chance to work. We're in no
position to attack Iran (unless you're channeling McCain).

I hope you are right. So far we have not seen a lot of cooperation
from Ahmadinejad tho. He thinks we are too busy in our other crusades
to screw with him. He may be right.

He's not the real power in Iran. It's the religious leaders in the high
council or whatever they call themselves.

wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:04:39 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

The cold war is over. The new (global) war is economic. It's been that way
for quite a while. China and Russia have no interest in fighting us.

I agree and we are in a whole lot worse shape in the economic war than
we ever were in the cold war.
A problem would come up if someone popped a nuke on their front porch
tho.

I disagree that we're in a lot worse shape than China or Russia, unless you
mean we're in a lot worse shape lately.

The greatest threat is from a terrorist acquiring something like a nuke or
biological weapons and being able to deploy it.

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
I disagree that we're in a lot worse shape than China or Russia, unless
you mean we're in a lot worse shape lately.

The greatest threat is from a terrorist acquiring something like a nuke or
biological weapons and being able to deploy it.

Now there's a keeper. snerk

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID

OT Aid to Haiti John H[_12_] General 41 February 1st 10 08:28 PM
Pakistan President says Sarah Palin is gorgeous! Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] ASA 8 September 30th 08 01:53 AM
Travel aid [email protected] UK Power Boats 0 February 7th 06 12:26 PM
Travel aid [email protected] UK Paddle 0 February 7th 06 12:26 PM
Travel aid [email protected] Cruising 0 February 7th 06 12:25 PM