Default Breitbart to be sued by Sherrod

"Harry" wrote in news:i3bmfq$b93$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

In your professional opinion, do you think Plume is lying about

her law
degree?

Sad to say, I can't rule out the possibility that she is telling
the truth. In my personal opinion she's awfully frustrated. My
guess is she has the degree, but she's so blinded by anger toward
everything, situation and person, that she hasn't been able to
accomplish anything with it. I've seen the type many times over the
years. Maybe she didn't pass the bar. I'll say one thing, she needs
to find another word for "moron." She's way over the statute of
limitations on that one. A little google action reveals about 170
artices with her as the author and that word used. Oh I have a
synonym for moron: "nom=de=plume."

On Aug 4, 8:53*am, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
wrote in message

jps wrote in
:

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 04:34:05 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

jps wrote in
:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 06:22:42 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

jps wrote in
om:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:37:20 -0400,

wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:32:29 -0700, jps
wrote:

Breitbart is an asshole who should get his ass kicked but I
imagine he
will win on *first amendment grounds.

She's not a public figure and he targeted her specifically

and
unfairly characterized her in order to cause her harm.

That isn't protected under the 1st amendment.

Ha Ha, you poor dumb lame armchair lawyers. It will never get

1st amendment, malice or anything else. Truth is complete

defense
to liable. Nothing he posted was untrue. The video was not
edited, it was truncated. There is a huge difference. He

showed
part, but the part he showed was real. She said those

remarks,
and if she took them back five minutes later, that's her

problem.
And she admitted to being a racist when she met the farmer.

Maybe
she reformed, but again, too bad. And then there is the

opinion
defense which probably protects his written comments about

her
being a racist. And BTW, who the **** cares if she was a

public
figure when she made he speech, the question is, is she a

public
figure when the alleged libel was committed. If you're a

public
figure, the media can print stories that you cheated in 2nd

grade
with relative impunity (Bush snorted coke back in college and
deserted the National Guard. BTW, did Dan Rather ever half to

pay
Bush on that one?) If you have any reason to believe it to be
true, even if not, and the "victim" is a public figure, the
public figure is screwed.

Is Shirley Sherrod a public figure? HA! not even debatable.

Of
course she is! She's an appointed government official who's
fitness for her position, not to metion whether she broke

federal
law by discriminating, has been called into question.

This guy has so many defenses, the only issue is if he can't

get
backers and she buries him in legal fees. Otherwise, when the

day
is done, maybe on appeal, he wins hands down. You may hate

him, I
don't particularly like him, but don't kid yourself, he gets

off.

Speaking of armchair lawyers, your rap sounds like it comes

directly
from the comforts of a barcalounger.

He intended to libel her by presenting the purposefully

edited tape
and then characterizing her actions as racist when he knew

full well
there was more to the story.

It's not the editing job alone that hangs him by the balls,

it's the
whole package of mischaracterization and libel.

I do have a very nice recliner, but that doesn't negate the

fact that
I am a real live lawyer with a degree and eveything. I even

passed the
bar almost 30 years ago. You should be able to tell I'm a

lawyer from
my arrogant attitude and didactic tone. Anyway, whether he

intended to
libel her or not simply doesn't matter if he never committed

liable in
the first place. Bar exam question: What are the elements of

libel?
Answer:

1.A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
2.The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third

party;
3.If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault

amounting at
least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
4.Damage to the plaintiff.

If you don't get past the first element, then nothing else

matters.
So, tell me, where is the "false statement?"

Please tell us what type of law you've practiced for the past

30
years? *Real estate?

Finally a reasonable question. Yes, as a matter of fact, my
practice did in the past include real estate for several years.
Mostly I advised corporations in their business transactions,
contracts, M&A, that sort of thing. For the last ten years I've
been the general counsel of a nationwise logistics company. With
executives spouting their mouths off all over the place, in print
or live, I deal with libel and slander issues all of the time.
Almost anytime someone is fired the issue arises as well. I'm
sure there are bigger experts in the field, but I think I know
the basics and the real world on this issue better the amateurs
on this board. They can question my creditials, or they can learn
a thing or two. And BTW, I consider myself neither conservative
or liberal, more libertarian than anything; socially liberal,
economically conservative. I'm a life long democrat who voted for
Reagan and both Bushs. I don't like left wing democrats or right
wing republicans, but lately the dems bother me more because they
are just as partisan as the GOP, but are hypocrites about it.

Anyone who believes you're a lawyer is dumber than you.

Anyone who believes you are older than 12 is dumber than you.

wrote in message
"Harry" wrote in news:i3bmfq$b93$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

In your professional opinion, do you think Plume is lying about

her law
degree?

Sad to say, I can't rule out the possibility that she is telling
the truth. In my personal opinion she's awfully frustrated. My
guess is she has the degree, but she's so blinded by anger toward
everything, situation and person, that she hasn't been able to
accomplish anything with it. I've seen the type many times over the
years. Maybe she didn't pass the bar. I'll say one thing, she needs
to find another word for "moron." She's way over the statute of
limitations on that one. A little google action reveals about 170
artices with her as the author and that word used. Oh I have a
synonym for moron: "nom=de=plume."

Pity she won't see this. Maybe if her name was in the subject line?

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:42:41 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 20:48:19 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:18:15 -0700, jps wrote:

All I've heard about are proposals to extend the Bush tax cuts.

Oh no, they want to make 'em bigger!!!!

I have heard some convincing arguments that they should just let them
all expire. Anything else will require another 2000 page bill with
loopholes for someone.

Why wouldn't they simply renew the cuts for all but the top %?

You mean they wouldn't leave well enough alone?

It is about fairness. If you want a progressive system then my
cheeseburger should cost $2 and your cheeseburger schould cost $6. My
house should cost $250K and your house, exactly the same and right next
door to mine, should cost $2M. And, the car I paid $20K for should cost
you $100K. You have the money and you can afford to pay more for these
things so you should. Just take all the money over what I pay as a tax.

Just think when you go to the grocery store there are no prices on
items. But, when you get to the checkout counter and all of your items
have been scanned, you enter your SSN, and the computer figures out what
you can afford to pay and charges you that amount.

Dildo-brain. Have you read any of the reports that show the wealthy
gaining ground while the middle and lower income groups are losing
ground?

Is that what you'd call fair?

In ,

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:18:15 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Individual income over $250000 should be federally taxed at a rate of 49%.

For couples who file jointly, if one of the pair has income over
$250,000, there should be a surtax that taxes *that* income over
$250,000 at the 49% rate.