Default Breitbart to be sued by Sherrod

"Harry " wrote in message
On 8/5/10 11:49 AM, jps wrote:
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:42:41 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 20:48:19 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:18:15 -0700, wrote:

All I've heard about are proposals to extend the Bush tax cuts.

Oh no, they want to make 'em bigger!!!!

I have heard some convincing arguments that they should just let them
all expire. Anything else will require another 2000 page bill with
loopholes for someone.

Why wouldn't they simply renew the cuts for all but the top %?

You mean they wouldn't leave well enough alone?

It is about fairness. If you want a progressive system then my
cheeseburger should cost $2 and your cheeseburger schould cost $6. My
house should cost $250K and your house, exactly the same and right next
door to mine, should cost $2M. And, the car I paid $20K for should cost
you $100K. You have the money and you can afford to pay more for these
things so you should. Just take all the money over what I pay as a tax.

Just think when you go to the grocery store there are no prices on
items. But, when you get to the checkout counter and all of your items
have been scanned, you enter your SSN, and the computer figures out what
you can afford to pay and charges you that amount.

Dildo-brain. Have you read any of the reports that show the wealthy
gaining ground while the middle and lower income groups are losing
ground?

Is that what you'd call fair?

Individual income over $250000 should be federally taxed at a rate of 49%.

For couples who file jointly, if one of the pair has income over $250,000,
there should be a surtax that taxes *that* income over $250,000 at the 49%
rate.

You don't like the idea of graduated tax?

Something like
over 250K 49%
over 200K 45%
over 150K 40%
over 100K 35%
over 90K 30%
over 80K 25%
over 70K 20%
over 60K 15%
over 50K 10%
over 40K 5%
over 30K 4%
over 20K 3%
over 10K 2%
over 5K 1%
0 to 5K .5%
No deductions, no credits, no exemptions.

Wouldn't that be more fair?

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You can sure tell that this spoofer doesn't make over $250k!

--
The stupider you sound, the more Republican votes you'll get
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 13:14:52 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:55:09 -0700, jps wrote:

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:18:15 -0700, jps wrote:

All I've heard about are proposals to extend the Bush tax cuts.

Oh no, they want to make 'em bigger!!!!

I have heard some convincing arguments that they should just let them
all expire. Anything else will require another 2000 page bill with
loopholes for someone.

Why wouldn't they simply renew the cuts for all but the top %?

You mean they wouldn't leave well enough alone?

Because nothing is that simple in Washington. To do anything with the
original tax cut legislation they have to pass a new bill and to get
that done they have to make 217 congressmen and 60 senators happy.
These days it seems to take at least 2000 pages of unintelligible
language that nobody reads, before the vote on, for that.
Do you have any idea how many special interests it takes to elect 277
people to congress? The answer is in the tax code. That is why it is
the size of a dozen big city phone books.

Well then, I say let 'em all go fallow.

That was the argument I heard. The advantage is, it requires nothing
be done to accomplish it and that is what this congress does best ...
nothing.
The only problem is everyone will get a tax hike and that will be
regressive.
Personally I don't think we pay enough to support what the government
spends and most of the future spending is not discretionary.

On this we agree. A pleasure to be in good company.