Default insurance companies choosing which doctors you can see

wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:07:48 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:20:23 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

That was collected by "single payer.org"
Do I really have to find the polls that say the opposite?

The real question is still, how do you pay for it?
Are those people willing to accept doubling their income taxes?

Well, either it's an accurate list of polls or not. They seem like
pretty
mainstream polls to me.

These people do a poll a week. You can cherry pick any result you
want. Try one where they assess a cost to this public option.

The only numbers re cost are from the CBO, which you don't want to use.
They
predict lower costs. I didn't cherry pick anything. I pointed to a site
that
lists a bunch of polls, all of which indicated majority and/or
significant
support.

You pointed to "singlepayer.org". Do you really think they would list
a poll that said anything else?

Then you didn't look at the polls they listed. They were all mainstream.
Sorry, but the fact is that people like the idea of a single payer.

It is all in how you frame the question. If you use words like single
payer (without defining it) they like it better than when you say
government health care.

I agree. Here you go from various polls listed on the site...

Would you favor or oppose a program that creates a national single-payer
plan similar to Medicare for all, in which the government would provide
healthcare insurance to all Americans?

"When given a choice of the current system or one "like Medicare that is run
by the government and financed by taxpayers," voters overwhelmingly chose
the latter. A solid majority (59%) say they would prefer a national health
insurance program that covers everyone, over the current system of private
insurance offered to most through their emloyer."

Americans are more likely today to embrace the idea of the government
providing health insurance than they were 30 years ago. 59% say the
government should provide national health insurance, including 49% who say
such insurance should cover all medical problems.

Jim Jim is offline

I am Tosk wrote:
In article , says...
wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 00:03:06 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

Yep, Obama could double your income tax and he probably still could not
make a balanced budget. Spend crazy madnes in DC.
Sadly that is true. The deficit is 1.4 trillion and we only collect
1.25 trillion in income taxes now. The idea that the top 1% of the tax
payers could make up this short fall is ludicrous

I've never heard anybody say that. Except you did right there.
Why say silly stuff?

Jim - What's going on here?

Either way, remember, the top one percent takes whatever it pays, back
out of "our" asses... We pay 100% of the taxes through inflation..

Check this out.
http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesam...er/wealth.html

Ignore any politics and look at the numbers.
That "middle class" bpharic is always whining about?
Doesn't exist.
That vast amount of money the "average" American Joe has invested in
Wall Street that their news media pimps are always talking about?
Doesn't exist.
That deficit that Greg is always whining about?
Guess where that money went?
Forget about the top 1%.
Just the top 400 wealthy people in the U.S. are worth the entire
deficit. Just the top 400. Forbes has that info.
How do you think they accumulated that wealth?
Inflation?
The rich didn't get your money with inflation.
They got it by selling American jobs to foreigners.
That's what's caused the deficit too.
Wealth for the "average" guy comes from work.
Wealth for the wealthy comes from selling out the "average" guy.
They call that their "work."
That's how it works.
And the pols seem happy with that.
Most are pretty wealthy. You can look that up too.
That's how it works.

Jim - Does what goes around really come around?

mmc mmc is offline

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 23:09:14 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:20:43 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:23:51 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:07:05 -0400, Harry ?
wrote:

used the rationalization that any bill called "health care" was better
than nothing. We are starting to see that may not be right and we are
just starting to see the ramifications of the language that nobody
read. By 2014, when the biggest parts of the bill come on line, I
expect to see massive public outrage.

blah blah blah...when has the right wing crystal ball been right?

About as often as the CBO guestimates.
Medicare cost 10 times what the CBO projected in the first 10 years.
It has been bankrupt for about 4-5, simply borrowing money to pay it's
bills.

And, your solution is what exactly? I don't think getting rid of medicare
is
going to be very popular.

Nothing painful is popular, that is why we are borrowing 40 cents of
every dollar the federal government spends.
Unfortunately I don't have a good answer but there is going to be a
bad answer, forced on us by reality, within the next few years.
At a certain point, we may have a hard time finding people who will
loan the US money for an interest rate we can afford to pay.
Then we will have our "Greece" moment and a lot of the things we think
we are "entitled to" will go away. The open question will be whether
we will have the same street riots the Greeks had. It won't be exactly
the same since we are better armed.

Couple this with American jobs being filled by HB-1 visa holder, documented
and undocumented workers and outsourcing and we will have reached the end of
the Empire of the United States of America.
I wonder the the left wing Chinese will treat wetback gringos as nicely as
we've treated our illegals? I'm thinking not.
And who will China sell all their crap to? Maybe they'll have to keep their
poisoned pet food, contaminated people food and lead laden toys at home?
Who wiil they spy on? Will they send $7M per day to Israel for bombs and
bullets?
We are in for a lot of changes. We should get ready by doing something about
the pilots that are driving this big plane into the ground. Maybe start with
term limits? Maybe follow that with identifying corruption within our
government and punishing the corrupt?

Ah, **** it - there's a game on/I need to go to the hairdresser/etc etc etc.
and my party tells me as long as I send em 25 bucks and vote their way,
everything will be just_ friggin_ peachy.