Default So, who here fell for the latest GOP bull**** on the Jones Act?

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 02/07/2010 8:35 AM, Harry ? wrote:
On 7/2/10 10:31 AM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 02/07/2010 5:51 AM, bpuharic wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 06:24:11 -0400, Harry
wrote:

Keeping Up With the Jones Act

- By Kevin Drum, Mother Jones
| Fri Jul. 2, 2010 3:00 AM PDT

Have you heard of the Jones Act? Unless you read Newsmax and listen
to a
lot of right-wing radio, probably not. It's an obscure statute that's
been on the books since 1920, and it requires all shipping between
U.S.
ports or in U.S. coastal waters to be carried in U.S.-flag ships that
are owned and crewed by U.S. citizens.

So why are conservatives suddenly up in arms about it? Because, they
claim, it's a labor-inspired rule that's obstructing aid to a Gulf
Coast

the right wing loves BP oil as shown by their recent apology. they
defend wall street and the banks as shown by their recent meeting with
top level hedge fund CEO's

they HATE the middle class as shown by their paranoid conspiracy
theories.

the GOP needs to be destroyed

Actually, did you see this months employment numbers... ya sure bet
Obama wants to brag about it going down to 9.5%...

But 658,000 people gave up looking for work....

7.9 million fewer people at work in private business since this began.

14.6 million people looking for work.

Last months prop up numbers of the 400,000 census workers are again
looking for work.

Monthly job cuts are up to 125,000 for the month was partially offset by
private job hires iof 33,000.

More than 525,000 new unemployed started to look for work last month to
replace the lost job.

How is Obamanonics really working far ya?

Great, and it is going to take a long time to recover from the Great
Bush Recession. Those of us with intellect knew that.

You mean intellectually stupid like nails. Been 22 months since Obama was
elected, 18 months since he took office, $3 trillion in debt ago.

When does it become Obama's problem? 2369?

Time the man got with the plan and admit his econonmics of debt-spend
don't work. That this despression is about debtors not paying their bills
and that includes Obama/Democrat congress.

Debt whores are destroying the worlds economic system, and #1 debtor in
the world is now Obama. Spent more debt money than any other human that
ever lived.

--
We all work for government, they ceased working for us a long time ago.

Harry will be blaming Bush for everything till the day he dies.
Krause's resentment of Bush stems from the fact that Bush was intelligent
enough to be admitted to Yale while Harry had to settle for Kansas. Can you
imagine the humiliation he must have suffered?

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:01:02 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

You mean intellectually stupid like nails. Been 22 months since Obama
was elected, 18 months since he took office, $3 trillion in debt ago.

amazing how much damage the right wing did to the US economy. it's
been 18 months and still we're in a depression. it's getting worse
because there's serious talk of major govt spending cuts...just like
the 1930's. we can see the effects of what canuck advocates.

When does it become Obama's problem? 2369?

it may never be possible to undo the damage the right wing did.

Time the man got with the plan and admit his econonmics of debt-spend
don't work.

actually it did. the economy was growing. now that the money is spent,
and YOUR view is becoming dominant, the economy is dying.

welcome to 1929 courtesy of the right wing

That this despression is about debtors not paying their
bills and that includes Obama/Democrat congress.

Debt whores are destroying the worlds economic system, and #1 debtor in
the world is now Obama. Spent more debt money than any other human that
ever lived.

we need to spend MORE to undo the right wing damage. otherwise we'll
never dig ourselves out of this hole the right put us in

"bpuharic" wrote in message

wrote:

they HATE the middle class as shown by their paranoid conspiracy
theories.

the GOP needs to be destroyed

Actually, did you see this months employment numbers... ya sure bet
Obama wants to brag about it going down to 9.5%...

hard to undo what bush and the right wing did. the level of damage
done by 30 years of right wing unregulated free market fundamentalism
is immense

How is Obamanonics really working far ya?

actually what happened is people are starting to take the right wing
seriouslyl. they're talking budget cuts. layoffs. massive reduction in
services. that drove the market down 100 points today

it's having the same effect it did in1930. it's destroying the economy

courtesy of the right wing

When you spend like an ape gone wild the bill eventually comes due. There
has to be budget cuts, massive cutbacks to the federal payroll, cutbacks in
entitlement programs, rounding up wetbacks and other illegals and removing
them from our soil,etc. Welcome to phase two of the Obama Recession.
Oh, I almost forgot, If we're going to level the playing field we need to
eliminate the money grabbing unions.

wrote:

[...]

Where is the money going to come from? The well is dry.

wrote:

You mean intellectually stupid like nails. Been 22 months since Obama
was elected, 18 months since he took office, $3 trillion in debt ago.

amazing how much damage the right wing did to the US economy. it's
been 18 months and still we're in a depression. it's getting worse
because there's serious talk of major govt spending cuts...just like
the 1930's. we can see the effects of what canuck advocates.

What? I have money so I am supposed to invest it in a loser deal? Pull
your head out of your arse. Nothing to stop your sorry ass from putting
your money down. Other than perhaps you are broke, in debt up to your
eyeeballs and in arrears.

Investors are no different than workers. They don't go to work for
nothing or to loose. Governemtn wants to f- things up, no problem we
will retire the cash to the sidelines or into some other non-domestic
venture.

When does it become Obama's problem? 2369?

it may never be possible to undo the damage the right wing did.

You are right in that the tipping point of US debt may have been
exceeded and that the US economy and currency is bankrupt. If so, look
to 3rd world status in months not years.

Courtesy of leftist liberal debtors. Sold everyone out for debt greed.

Time the man got with the plan and admit his econonmics of debt-spend
don't work.

actually it did. the economy was growing. now that the money is spent,
and YOUR view is becoming dominant, the economy is dying.

welcome to 1929 courtesy of the right wing

Welcome to 1870... Some stats are now worse than 1929.

That this despression is about debtors not paying their
bills and that includes Obama/Democrat congress.

Debt whores are destroying the worlds economic system, and #1 debtor in
the world is now Obama. Spent more debt money than any other human that
ever lived.

we need to spend MORE to undo the right wing damage. otherwise we'll
never dig ourselves out of this hole the right put us in

You can't spend your way out of debt. Only the most stupidest of idiots
think that way.

Because when you welsh on debt for spend, then wonder why the 401k/ira
is trashed, don't be so damned stupid not to think they are not related.

BTW, sold off even more last week and today. Good timing, DOW at 6000
here we go.

wrote:

Keeping Up With the Jones Act

— By Kevin Drum, Mother Jones
| Fri Jul. 2, 2010 3:00 AM PDT

Have you heard of the Jones Act? Unless you read Newsmax and listen
to a
lot of right-wing radio, probably not. It's an obscure statute that's
been on the books since 1920, and it requires all shipping between U.S.
ports or in U.S. coastal waters to be carried in U.S.-flag ships that
are owned and crewed by U.S. citizens.

So why are conservatives suddenly up in arms about it? Because, they
claim, it's a labor-inspired rule that's obstructing aid to a Gulf
Coast

the right wing loves BP oil as shown by their recent apology. they
defend wall street and the banks as shown by their recent meeting with
top level hedge fund CEO's

they HATE the middle class as shown by their paranoid conspiracy
theories.

the GOP needs to be destroyed

Actually, did you see this months employment numbers... ya sure bet
Obama wants to brag about it going down to 9.5%...

But 658,000 people gave up looking for work....

7.9 million fewer people at work in private business since this began.

14.6 million people looking for work.

Last months prop up numbers of the 400,000 census workers are again
looking for work.

Monthly job cuts are up to 125,000 for the month was partially offset
by private job hires iof 33,000.

More than 525,000 new unemployed started to look for work last month
to replace the lost job.

How is Obamanonics really working far ya?

--
We all work for government, they ceased working for us a long time ago.

It's betting than bleeding 700K+ per month. Of course, you'd rather see
the census working unemployed and people continue to be so disheartened
that they don't even bother to look for work. How's that lack of
compassion workin out for you. Why don't you lie some more. You've got
Palin as a role model.

LMAO. It is like a bleeding person, after you have lost 4 pints you
don't have as much to give so things are better.

Hahahaha.

I have more compassion than a greedy debtor whore. As I provide
sustainable moves. Debtors, me me me me want debt or I am a ****ed ass
hole are greedy, selfish short sighted jerks.

But the lessons are being taught. Just hasn't gotten around to you yet.

wrote:

they HATE the middle class as shown by their paranoid conspiracy
theories.

the GOP needs to be destroyed

Actually, did you see this months employment numbers... ya sure bet
Obama wants to brag about it going down to 9.5%...

hard to undo what bush and the right wing did. the level of damage
done by 30 years of right wing unregulated free market fundamentalism
is immense

How is Obamanonics really working far ya?

actually what happened is people are starting to take the right wing
seriouslyl. they're talking budget cuts. layoffs. massive reduction in
services. that drove the market down 100 points today

it's having the same effect it did in1930. it's destroying the economy

courtesy of the right wing

In case you haven't noticed, even though Obama has had congres extend
the debt to $14.5 trillion, he is flat assed broke. Can't keep creating
money that way. Markets are down as the cold realization that the US
governemnt is broken and broke.

wrote:

[...]

Obama grabbed the steering wheel as the US was careening down the
road, and promptly drove us right over a 3 trillion dollar cliff.

You can't dig yourself out of a hole by digging the hole deeper. The
spending has to stop, and then you just have further to fall.

Welcome to the Obama Recession.

wrote:

[...]

No need too, by this time next year GM will be broke. Government will
be forced to shut down as much as it can, and I mean 50% of government
spending. Unions going on strike, just lock them out permanently.

Greece is coming to the US, pretty much unstopable now unless Obama
wakes up and does something other than shoot his mouth off. And there
is no BSing out of this now. Government MAD is assured.

wrote:

[...]

Good way to put it.

You can't dig yourself out of a hole by digging the hole deeper. The
spending has to stop, and then you just have further to fall.

Welcome to the Obama Recession.

I know you and I understand. But truly amazing how many people actually
think they can spend their way out of debt. Totally freeking amazing.
Albert Einstein said it right:

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe.

--
We all work for government, they ceased working for us a long time ago.

Front Fell Off (video) Willem Van der Voort Tall Ship Photos 2 July 29th 09 08:10 AM
Another Class Act Passes on the GOP HK General 0 May 7th 09 06:41 PM
We fell for it, let's get back to ignore, PLEASE!! [email protected] General 10 September 16th 08 12:25 PM
The Jones Act JG Cruising 14 May 14th 05 01:49 PM
The latest lie from the GOP Harry Krause General 6 October 4th 04 01:09 PM