Default Time to trash the Conservatives

On 10/06/2010 9:06 PM, hk wrote:
wrote in message

On 09/06/2010 4:26 PM, YukonBound wrote:
Unbelievable. Time for Canadians to follow our 'merican cousins and
toss the Conservatives out for something more progressive.
Our current clowns are dumping all our lighthouses to save money, but
can blow over $1 billion on hosting the G8 and the G20 summits.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...s-surplus.html

In reality, they are not needed any more as WW II ended a long time ago.
If you are a cruzing in these ares without a modern GPS and no maps,
your nuts. You could also try to fly with feathers glued on and jump
off a cliff.

I am no lover of Canadian politicians, Harpo is in my riding and I don't
vote for that liar fool and more than the Liberal/NDP tax-me more crowd
of idiots. At least once and awhile Harpo does something, even so
pityfully small as this, does it right. Cut some of the deadwood from
bloated up you ass government.

We..... Mr landlubber...did you see the CBC item where part of that $1
billion + also went to carve a fake lighthouse out of a tree stump... all
on the eve of dumping all the country's lighthouses.......even the Sambro
lighthouse off Halifax, which is the longest operating one in North
America.
Those Conservatives all all about 'fakes' and short on genuine.

The Alberta Conservative viewpoint................
http://thechronicleherald.ca/toon.php

Well they do have a point, think about it, in the last 25 yrs, what has
Halfax contributed to Canada? It does sound like you are a drain on
Canada's economy. You really are just useless surplus.

Big fat governemnt like you are getting from Obama does not care about
efficiency of tax dollars, they can just tax the sheep some more when
the debts come due. And looking at the congressional government revenue
projections, Americans are looking at whopper sized tax increase to
catch you up to Kanada.

You are right, we have 9 provinces that are classified as have not
provinces. Only one producer left. A have not province like Nova Scota
and Halifax get a disproportionate amount of support from Ottawa. So
there is zero incentive to fix imbalances and government waste. The
biggest business in the east coast of Canada is unemployment insurance,
EI... They even rig it you work the 10 weeks minimum to go right on EI.

When government gets too big, and I mean any government, people suffer.
It is a constant in history. Any time a government gets too much
power and control, people suffer. Be it Roam, US, Germany Japan...

Because when they get too big, they can start useless wars and move
wealth from the peoples pocket to government. Rack the debt and at some
point collapse just like Rome. US is now on the downhill ride as is Caanda.

On a value basis, I believe China has already eclipsed the US as the
worlds economic superpower. India is right behind China, in 10 years US
might be lucky to be #3. All wasted because of big fat out of control
government.

And this is boating... there will be less boats as Americans can afford
fewer of them.

Short of a massive overhaul of governemnts in north america, I would say
history is repeating itself.
--
Liberalism - a disease of envy, greed, entitlement and KAOS.

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:59:56 -0300, "YukonBound"
wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

In a time when the government is dropping LORAN because it is
obsolete, I can see why they want to rid themselves of the
lighthouses.
My suggestion is to find some historic preservation groups who will
take over these structures and maintain them in their original state..
If it is left to the people who's only interest is maintaining a nav
aid, it will probably lose it's historic accuracy anyway. The tendency
would be toward a steel tower with a solar powered light on top or a
buoy, if they saw the light as necessary at all.
Governments are going broke and people still are not willing to have
their taxes raised. They have to make cuts somewhere.

Cut "entitlements." It is not the federal governments jobs to fund your
retirement nor is it their job to provide you with an unemployement
check.

. ..

wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

Don't know about south of the border, but up here the clowns gave themselves
a gold plated retirement plan. They just have to put in 6 years as an
elected politician and they get a better pension than half the citizens of
Canada do.

hk hk is offline

In article ,
says...

. ..

wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

That's nothing compared to the pensions my union gives out. Good thing
they had me to go to the CEO's of the big three auto makers and fight
for that.

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 10/06/2010 9:06 PM, hk wrote:
wrote in message

wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

You do forget one important fact...
at the time of Confederation, Nova Scotia was the wealthiest province in
Canada.
Quebec & Ontario were able to work new trade restrictions and tariffs to
favour themselves while destroying our natural trading partners..... such as
New England.
By the time the Free Trade Agreement came along with promises to correct
this imbalance, it was too late. All manufacturing had long gone (with a
few exceptions) and we only had natural resources to sell.... somewhat like
Alberta now. God help you when the oil runs out...you'll be back to the
dust bowl days.

hk hk is offline

"YukonBound" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

The real problem with Canada is the country is full of Canadians.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

In article ,
says...

"YukonBound" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

You must be a spoofer. My fat buddy wouldn't say anything bad about the
frozen tundra of a hell hole. He would, however, say bad things about
anyplace where anybody lives that doesn't believe nor put up with his
bull****.

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:12:26 -0400, BAR wrote:

Cut "entitlements."

Helen Thomas wouldn't even have the nerve to say that. ;-)

I feel sorry for her. She could have left the scene as a class act.
Instead...

Funny how everyone slams "entitlements" right up until it affects their
social security, medicare, police/fire/infrastructure in their neighborhood,
EMT availability, library access, etc. Then, it's don't touch. If people
don't want entitlements, then they should vote against them and vote out any
politician that promotes funding them. So far, that hasn't happened, and
there doesn't appear to be any strong movement to do so.

Default OT entitlements (was lighthouses)

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:56:15 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

Funny how everyone slams "entitlements" right up until it affects their
social security, medicare, police/fire/infrastructure in their
neighborhood,
EMT availability, library access, etc. Then, it's don't touch. If people
don't want entitlements, then they should vote against them and vote out
any
politician that promotes funding them. So far, that hasn't happened, and
there doesn't appear to be any strong movement to do so.

We can look at Greece to get an idea about what can happen to
"entitlements" when they are unrealistic.
My Alexander Tyler quote still seems right

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as
a permanent form of government."

Sorry, but I disagree with Tyler. Firstly, democracy by definition isn't a
fixed object. It's an idea and it has endured in one form or another for
several 1000 years. Ancient Greece is a great example. That particular
culture failed, but not because of democracy. Our culture may fail, but not
because of democracy.

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters
discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public
treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who
promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result
that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy,
which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the
beginning of history, has been about 200 years"

"During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the
following sequence:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;

2. from spiritual faith to great courage;

3. from courage to liberty;

4. from liberty to abundance;

5. from abundance to complacency;

6. from complacency to apathy;

7. from apathy to dependence;

8. from dependence back into bondage"

We are at about #6 right now. BP would say we were closer to #8

Which entitlements don't you think are appropriate? I'm sure there are lots
of example of things that make no sense, but there are many more that make
perfect sense and are appropriate and necessary. BP isn't a democracy. It's
a for-profit corporation. It (and similar) need to be regulated, since
corporations don't give a fig about democracy or the public good. They're
only concerned with the corporate good. Capitalism, in its purest form, is
unworkable and must be tempered with social consciousness.

On 11/06/2010 7:20 AM, YukonBound wrote:

. ..

wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
[...]

1/2? Hell, the MPs have the best paln in Canada. I know of no better
terms than they get.

--
Liberalism - a disease of envy, greed, entitlement and KAOS.

trash filter Jim General 8 August 17th 08 12:27 PM
TIME TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH!!!! [email protected] General 3 January 7th 07 03:58 AM
Emptying the Trash ME and my Shadow General 3 April 30th 05 02:06 AM
Take out the papers and the trash... aaaa General 0 April 17th 05 05:07 PM
I took out the trash! Bobsprit ASA 17 January 29th 04 02:50 AM