YukonBound YukonBound is offline

Default Time to trash the Conservatives

In article ,
says...

"YukonBound" wrote in message

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:59:56 -0300, "YukonBound"
wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 09/06/2010 4:26 PM, YukonBound wrote:
Unbelievable. Time for Canadians to follow our 'merican cousins and
toss the Conservatives out for something more progressive.
Our current clowns are dumping all our lighthouses to save money,
but
can blow over $1 billion on hosting the G8 and the G20 summits.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...s-surplus.html

In reality, they are not needed any more as WW II ended a long time
ago.
If you are a cruzing in these ares without a modern GPS and no maps,
your
nuts. You could also try to fly with feathers glued on and jump off
cliff.

I am no lover of Canadian politicians, Harpo is in my riding and I
don't
vote for that liar fool and more than the Liberal/NDP tax-me more
crowd of
idiots. At least once and awhile Harpo does something, even so
pityfully
small as this, does it right. Cut some of the deadwood from bloated
up
you ass government.

We..... Mr landlubber...did you see the CBC item where part of that $1
billion + also went to carve a fake lighthouse out of a tree stump...
all on
the eve of dumping all the country's lighthouses.......even the Sambro
lighthouse off Halifax, which is the longest operating one in North
America.
Those Conservatives all all about 'fakes' and short on genuine.

In a time when the government is dropping LORAN because it is
obsolete, I can see why they want to rid themselves of the
lighthouses.
My suggestion is to find some historic preservation groups who will
take over these structures and maintain them in their original state..
If it is left to the people who's only interest is maintaining a nav
aid, it will probably lose it's historic accuracy anyway. The tendency
would be toward a steel tower with a solar powered light on top or a
buoy, if they saw the light as necessary at all.
Governments are going broke and people still are not willing to have
their taxes raised. They have to make cuts somewhere.

Cut "entitlements." It is not the federal governments jobs to fund your
retirement nor is it their job to provide you with an unemployement
check.

Don't know about south of the border, but up here the clowns gave
themselves a gold plated retirement plan. They just have to put in 6
years as an elected politician and they get a better pension than half the
citizens of Canada do.

The real problem with Canada is the country is full of Canadians.

You must be a spoofer. My fat buddy wouldn't say anything bad about the
frozen tundra of a hell hole. He would, however, say bad things about
anyplace where anybody lives that doesn't believe nor put up with his
bull****.