hk hk is offline

Default economist blames wall street for collapse

On 5/9/10 10:03 AM, BAR wrote:
In articlel7idnWiLI63lInvWnZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@earthlink .com,
says...

On 5/9/10 9:46 AM, BAR wrote:
In articler7CdnbMfxK9WK3vWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@giganews. com,

says...

wrote in message
On Sun, 09 May 2010 00:23:54 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2010 12:04:28 -0400, wrote:

in 1 day wall street wipes out a TRILLION DOLLARS from the
economy.

It was a trillion that never really existed in the first place. It was
just phony paper "money" they created out of thin air.

really? i bet if your sold your stocks at the end of the day you'd sse
it was real money.

you right wingers...dont even know how the stock market works...

Please tell us how YOU think the market works.

This ought to be interesting reading.

How the market works...

The little investor, typically, gets screwed in many different ways,
while the brokerage houses rip off the buyers and sellers.

Tell me where the unions invest their pension funds? Mattresses? Tin
cans buried in the back yard? Stuffed in boxes in basements?

Tell us, oh educated one, are unions "little" investors? And most of the
unions with which I am familiar have extraordinarily diversified
investment accounts. And what has any of that to do with the fact that
brokerage houses rip off buyers and sellers?

You really are a pimp, aren't you?

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:03:10 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

This ought to be interesting reading.

How the market works...

The little investor, typically, gets screwed in many different ways,
while the brokerage houses rip off the buyers and sellers.

Tell me where the unions invest their pension funds? Mattresses? Tin
cans buried in the back yard? Stuffed in boxes in basements?

there are no unions in the US.

On Sun, 09 May 2010 08:06:47 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 09/05/2010 7:58 AM, hk wrote:
On 5/9/10 9:46 AM, BAR wrote:
In articler7CdnbMfxK9WK3vWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

How the market works...

The little investor, typically, gets screwed in many different ways,
while the brokerage houses rip off the buyers and sellers.

Only if you are stupid, thick headed and don't do your research.

or you could be like the average working guy or gal in
america...believed the right wing stuff about how free markets,
unregulated, are the best protection for working folks.

then watched your 401K tank while you lost your job

wrote:

On 09/05/2010 7:58 AM, hk wrote:
On 5/9/10 9:46 AM, BAR wrote:
In articler7CdnbMfxK9WK3vWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

How the market works...

The little investor, typically, gets screwed in many different ways,
while the brokerage houses rip off the buyers and sellers.

Only if you are stupid, thick headed and don't do your research.

or you could be like the average working guy or gal in
america...believed the right wing stuff about how free markets,
unregulated, are the best protection for working folks.

then watched your 401K tank while you lost your job

It happened to me. Lost my job, ok, well sort of. I hinted to the boss
to make me next as I wanted out anyways and was casually looking. But
still, got the RIF. They gave me the news at 11am, I came home and
partied all afternoon. Boss really hated letting me go, but so what, I
look after #1, my family.

Difference was I had eyes open and knew it was coming. It was also the
only way I could get a severance, and roll over the pensions. In cash
too, just before the crash. Opportunity.

I didn't stand in the middle of the tracks like a dumb sheep or deer and
wait for it to hit me so I could wallow in self pity and whine. Nope, I
went with the flow and profited. I even took a well deserved whole
month off before I looked for a job, and it was good! Longest time off
I have had since I was a kid.

Having the month off was good, transfered the US and Canadian pension in
cash while the market crashed. Plotted an investment strategy, and
followed it. Easing the cash into the market in Jan-Apr 2009. LMAO to
the bank for these moves.

But my wife said it best, you are bored after 4 weeks. I was, picked up
the phone and sent out 5 resumes, 3 interviews and 2 job offers... I was
again a tax-paying slave.

But then, I manage my life where I can, I don't worship others like
Obama/Harpo/Iggy in my life, they are just puppets managing the herd.

So, I guess you screwed up then eh? You story? Loser in auto gets the
axe and developes self pity for being asleep in life?

--
There is a sucker born every minute, liberals and our politicians are
counting on it.

On 09/05/2010 8:22 AM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2010 08:02:32 -0600,
wrote:

On 08/05/2010 10:23 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 08 May 2010 12:04:28 -0400, wrote:

in 1 day wall street wipes out a TRILLION DOLLARS from the
economy.

It was a trillion that never really existed in the first place. It was
just phony paper "money" they created out of thin air.

Some real truth to that. If you exclude dividents, where there is a
winner there is a loser. A zero sum game. The economy is say worth 100
units. Than the market swings are irrelivant, your percentage of the
units is all that maters.

Being a zero sum game, the odds are better than Vegas.

well...no. because 100 units today are not worth the same as 100 units
yesterday

golly. you really are stupid, aren't you?

oh, yeah. you're right wing.

When currency fluxates, you don't worry about the numbers, you worry
about value.

For example, you take a 10 year t-bill at 0.5% and say inlfation runs an
average of 10%, then loaning the government cost you 50% in value even
though the $$$ amount in 10 years is slightly up.

It is also why US/Canadian government can no longer borrow money and
create it off their own banks...inflationary ponzi money. I have zero
in bonds, but do watch the markets and I haven't seen a government issue
anywhere fill since Sept 2008 or so. Which means our governemtns are
bankrupt, as they only function on their ability to create money which
is not sustainable.

That is, a second crash is inevitable at this point. As Obama and
democrats are jack asses if they think they can debt-spend their way out
of a debt depression.

wrote:

[...]

You said the magic word, diversification, my financial planner is always
telling me about the minimizing the downside. Diversificaiton minimizes
the downside. Taking profits and distributing them among investments is
the key to minimizing the downside and diversification.

I suppose you buy everything at cost? If you don't you are getting
ripped off by everyone.

My goal is to retire and have the same standard of living I have today.
This is a foreign concept to you.

Wall Street Eisboch General 5 October 14th 08 03:17 PM
Wall Street Whores Vic Smith General 3 September 18th 08 06:35 PM
Wall Street... A Boater[_2_] General 0 September 15th 08 08:39 PM
Wall Street Journal sez: hk General 0 August 10th 08 05:33 PM
As seen on Oprah, 20/20, the Wall Street Journal [email protected] General 1 August 8th 07 02:27 PM