Default economist blames wall street for collapse

On 09/05/2010 12:40 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2010 13:46:11 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

wrote in message
On Sun, 09 May 2010 11:40:05 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2010 10:19:26 -0400, wrote:

Tell me where the unions invest their pension funds? Mattresses? Tin
cans buried in the back yard? Stuffed in boxes in basements?

there are no unions in the US.

Certainly there are, they cover teachers,

7% of american workers are covered by unions. there are no unions in
the US. as the 'economist' magazine pointed out last month, the US has
the most anti-union work environment of 30 industrialized countries

And that is a good thing.

Since 1950 the unions have succeded in two areas, corruption and killing
jobs.

and how did wall street do in the last 3 years? number of jobs
created? none.

pay increases to the middle class? none

unemployment? 8,000,000 jobs lost

thanks wall street!

About 90,000,000 jobs. And think, the taxpayer didn't pay for any of them.

More like 20,000,000 but who is counting.

How many jobs did GM bailout create? Zero. They were long gone jobs.
Plenty a UAW/CAW out of work. Because people didn't need nor want their
over priced crap. So keep a GM, loose a Ford job...corruption.

Unions need a leash.

--
There is a sucker born every minute, liberals and our politicians are
counting on it.

On Sun, 09 May 2010 15:25:17 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2010 14:41:02 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2010 13:50:55 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 9 May 2010 13:34:50 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

7% of american workers are covered by unions. there are no unions in
the US. as the 'economist' magazine pointed out last month, the US has
the most anti-union work environment of 30 industrialized countries

And that is a good thing.

The unions largely just priced themselves out of the market for any
job that could be exported. That is why the only unions that survive
nationally are government unions.

uh no. if that were the case then the germans would be in worse shape
than we are. 80% of their economy is export related, and their level
of unionization is FAR greater than ours.

more right wing bull****

The Germans do not demand the kind of things American unions have
demanded. They are also holding the Greek's feet to the fire for the
stupid things their workers have negotiated for.

the germans have ALOT more vacation time than we do. they have ALOT
better unemployment insurance than we do. and it's a meaningless
statement to say that american unions have 'demanded' something the
germans havent

the fact is that

1. the rich have destroyed labor unions
2. the middle class wants to think of itself as 'professional' so
hates labor unions

THAT'S why there are no unions here

You also have a far more frugal society in Germany. They actually have
private savings, beyond what the pension plans save for them.

which has zip to do with labor unions. and americans have no pensions,
either.

see a pattern here? americans

-no wage increase in 10 years
-no pension
-work harder than any other industrialzed country
-rotten unemployment insurance
-no health insurance if you lose your job

and no labor unions...

gee....wonder if there's a connection

Wall Street Eisboch General 5 October 14th 08 03:17 PM
Wall Street Whores Vic Smith General 3 September 18th 08 06:35 PM
Wall Street... A Boater[_2_] General 0 September 15th 08 08:39 PM
Wall Street Journal sez: hk General 0 August 10th 08 05:33 PM
As seen on Oprah, 20/20, the Wall Street Journal [email protected] General 1 August 8th 07 02:27 PM